emotions.

e-mo-tion (n): a natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships w/others.

I never thought I'd see the day I'd have to spend it here without her. Seeing her smile as she walked away. Not realizing mine had disappeared when she didn't come back. Not having the one person who truly made me whole really made the days seem longer than what they were. Day went to night and night went to day so quickly when she wasn't around.
Our conversations always seemed endless, I never really wanted them to stop. When I spent time with her at a younger age, I always remembered crying into my pillow like I wouldn't see her again when it was time for her to leave. Sometimes I often wouldn't. Having the pain of seeing our once cherished relationship slowly slip away wasn't one I could take easily. Never completely understanding why, I started to make up false conclusions in my head, only to realize it pushed us even further away from each other.
Time goes by. Days. Weeks. Months. Years. And yet from that far away distance I still wished we could remain how we were. In that same time, my focus started to shift, and I lost sight of her. Of us. Now my emotions are lost in the dark open sky, searching for the one that kept them safe, searching for her. Hoping she'll come back to me soon. The love I have for her could never run out, as painful as the journey getting here may have been. I still keep hope alive though. Hoping one sunny day she'll come around again, and that we could pick up where we left off.