Chapter Eight: New Mates

sorry again for the long wait for an update but I hope you enjoy the update and let me know what you think thank you to all my readers I'm glad you like my stories and I hope you have a good night/day/evening and if it's bad I hope it gets better and my story cheers you up a little. :)

Roxy's pov-

My eyes flutter open slowly, a yawn escaping my mouth. It's cut short by sharp pain shooting through my body in response causing me to gasp and freeze. I feel arms I didn't realize were there tighten around me pulling me against a very hot body hotter than humans should be. I look over and everything comes back to the front of my mind as I look at the woman I've been in love with for years. Many emotions fill me, but one is stronger than the rest as I look into those blue eyes getting lost. Trying and failing to read her emotions in her eyes I ask, "What's going through your head?" she smiles, "I don't want to say out of fear of ruining things between us, but I can assure you they're all good thoughts." She responds, chuckling when I huff and pout. I see sadness and longing in her eyes and anxiety fills me as I think about kissing her. She's so close and I can't focus on anything but her lips and what if what she's scared of telling me is that she has feelings for me?

I laugh out loud realizing how stupid my thoughts are. She's so perfect and way out of my league there's no way she would go for me when she can have anyone she wants. "What's funny?" She asks, raising an eyebrow. "I was thinking something and then realized my thoughts were stupid and it made me laugh. I was hoping for the impossible." I sigh looking down. There's a brief pause and then I feel fingers gently touch my chin pulling my head up making me look at her. "There is nothing stupid about your thoughts, don't think like that. Whatever you desire, tell me I won't judge and I will make it happen. Anything for you." She says with so much emotion it makes me tear up, "I was trying to read your emotions, which we both know I suck at," I chuckle then continue, "and then I thought I saw longing in your eyes. I got distracted by a thought of you and my heart got hope that you might have romantic feelings for me but you're so out of my league and there's nothing special about me and you could have anyone you want. Why would you want me? I'm a terrible partner. There's nothing about me worth loving that way especially by someone like you." I start rambling all my worries and concerns not realizing my breath is getting faster as I start having an anxiety attack.

My words and panic attack are stopped instantly by hot lips pressing against me. I feel electricity shoot through where her lips press against mine spreading through my whole body like fireworks going off. I get butterflies and feel my knees get weak as my body gets very hot. I instantly wrap my arms around her shoulders, hers wrapping around my waist at the same time pulling my body flush against her. I moan low at the feeling of her body being against mine. Her being so close to me causes a longing in me emanating from below and I hear a possessive growl in response. "You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do this. God everything about you is driving me insane. Your body your kiss you scent the smell of your hormones when I pulled you against me," She smirks growling possessively in my ear earning a shiver from me, "Your voice your body your personality everything calls to me and makes me want to claim you as my mate and mark you as mine." She says flustering me as I blush deep not knowing how to respond.

Remembering what I said she sat up gently pulling me so I sat up in the hospital bed. "You're my mate, everything about you is perfect and calls to me. Everything about you drives me insane in ways that no one else can. I don't want anyone else but you. I am definitely not out of your league. I was worried you were out of mine. Me loving you romantically is not stupid you are not stupid and I do love you that way I have for years now. I just haven't said anything because I didn't think you felt the same and I didn't want to ruin our friendship so I kept it silent. And judging by your reaction to me kissing you you feel the same way about me." She basically purrs that last sentence into my ear quietly causing a shiver to go through my whole body as I grip the hem of her shirt. She smirks an actual purr coming from deep in her throat. "I can't get enough of your reactions babygirl." My eyes widen as I turn bright red like a tomato at the nickname. "Cat got your tongue? Don't worry it won't for long." She states matter of factly as her eyes start to turn completely red as she bites her bottom lip looking at my lips. "W-why are your eyes turning r-red?" I stutter out the question. "Lust." She says the one word then kisses me hard growling when I moan at her forcefulness loving the dominant side of her I've never seen before.