Chapter One: One mistake, One consequence

Hi, my name is Roxy and I'm 16 years old. I'm a Junior at Blood Rose High; this is my story...

I looked out the window at the rainy, dark city as the bus drove closer to school. I brought my energy drink to my lips and drank some, it was kind of fruity with a kick to it. As it went down my throat it burned a bit. It was cold at first, but when it went down my throat it was warm. Using that as an excuse to look at her, Artemesia. She's 18 and a senior who I've had a crush on since 7th grade, but I haven't had the courage to say it to her. We have talked some and are friends, but I don't know if we are very close. I wish I could read minds so I could see how she feels about me. That would make things so much easier. I don't know if I'd want to know if she likes me romantically, though. My heart clenched painfully at the thought of rejection.

I stared at her bright red hair that bled into violet. She was wearing tight, black, ripped jeans, and a white t-shirt with a leather jacket over it. I could hear the bass coming from her beats, so I knew she was listening to music. I smiled as she bobbed her head to the music. She beamed at something on her phone and my heart skipped a beat. I wonder what shes smiling at. God shes so beautiful.

My hair started out bright sky blue at the top and faded into black at the bottom. I wore a black skirt with tights underneath. I also had on a tight-fitting black shirt with bright violet and pink flowers on it. I had my AirPods in, listening to Marshmello and Kane Brown- One Thing Right.

The bus took a turn and I slipped off the seat due to being too focused on Artemesia. Before I hit the ground, hot arms wrap around my waist and I landed on something warm. I realized I was sitting on someone's lap. I heard a low laugh in my ear and shivered at the heat I felt blow on my skin. I knew that laugh. It was Artemesia...

I looked up and saw her beautiful sky eyes looking back at me. My breath caught as I stared into them. I felt her arms tighten around me as her eyes went from amused to worried.

"Are you alright?" she said. Her voice was gentle and sweet, but husky at the same time. When she spoke it made me feel weak in the knees.

No. I said in my head. Soon you'll let go and your arms won't be around me. Instead, I said, "I'm fine thanks for catching me. Sorry for being clumsy." I mumbled, embarrassed from slipping from the seat.

"It's fine. You're not clumsy it happens," she replied and smiled, laughing again.

"Thanks again though." I started to get up, but when her grip didn't loosen I stopped and looked up at her.

"Why don't you sit with me? That way you won't fall again." She said and I giggled quietly.

"What if I fall again?" I say.

"I won't let that happen." she smirks more and I blush, hoping she didn't notice.

"Alright just let me get my stuff," I say and stand up. This time, she slowly lets me go. I go and grab my Full Metal Alchemist backpack, headphones, phone, and energy drink, which, thankfully, didn't spill, and turn around.

Artemesia is sitting near the window, staring at me with an emotion in her eyes I can't place. I start to walk to her and hear a screech and feel the bus swerve hard. I start to fall. As I fall I look over and manage to see a tractor-trailer coming at us. It slams into the side of the bus and I go flying toward Artemesia.

"Roxy!" I hear her yell. I feel my head slam into the glass window and pain shoots through my skull.

I felt my body fall onto something and I knew it was her. I feel strong arms go around me pulling me close. I open up my eyes and look at her. My vision is going in and out.

"Sorry...I fell again." I say and laugh weakly. I see tears in her eyes as she half laughs half cries.

"You didn't fall...I got you..." She says and I get worried.

"Hey...w-why are..y-you cry...crying?" I say looking at her.

"Your head..." she cries.

"What about it?" I say.

"No stay awake....please..you have to." I hear her say her voice getting further away. My vision starts to go black. "I can't lose you." her voice sounds very far away now.

Before my vision faded I believed I heard her say. " I-l...love..y-you..." Next thing I knew all I saw was darkness.

Sorry guys for the late updates I've been really busy with moving and getting settled and catching up and other stuff. Here is something I've been working on so let me know what you think of chapter one. Also the book cover of this one I made myself as well. Again don't use my book cover, characters, plot, names or anything the story without asking me thanks. I came up with this story by myself. Again let me know what you think of chapter one and have a good night/morning/evening. Thanks for reading. :)