bonus chapter! - does he know the reasons that you cry?

season 1, episode four - Nineteen

bonus chapter,

does he know the reasons that you cry?

JACKIE HAD WOKEN up from her nightmare, frightened. She tried to fight back the tears but soon they started to fall on her face. She softly sobbed, wishing she could talk to someone but all the Walters were asleep. Who should I call?, she thought. Taking out her phone and going through her contacts, she clicked on a number.

"Hello?"

"Hi."

"Jackie? What are you doing up, it's 2 AM."

"It's - it's just - I had a nightmare and I could really use the sound of your voice right now." she said through sobs.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come over?"

"How would you be able to make it past the door?"

"Just hang on.  I'll be there in twenty minutes."

TIME PASSED AS Jackie's tears began to dry.  Her nose was a bit puffy, hoping that she wouldn't get sick.  Suddenly, there was a knock on her window.  Slowly creeping to the window, she peered through the curtains, relieved it was just Brady.  She opened it, allowing him inside.

"Are you okay?" she whispered.

"Yes.  My parents know that I'm here.  I told them that I was leaving."

"Oh."

"Are you okay?" Brady asked, staring at her.  Jackie shook her head as she walked over to him, sobbing into his chest.

Hesitant, he softly rubbed her head, trying to calm her down.  She pulled away from him, her eyes full of tears.  "Do you want to talk about it?" he whispered.  Jackie nodded her head, sitting on the bed, motioning for Brady to sit next to her. 

"In my nightmare, me and my family were in the car.  For some weird reason, the seatbelt kept coming off.  The next thing you know, I'm on the concrete and the car is moving.  I couldn't stop it in time before they died and then my dream ended."

Brady felt bad for Jackie.  Here she was crying and saddened by her family's death when she had been bottling it up for god knows how long.  She always told others that she was fine but Brady always felt like something was up.   Everyone goes through grief and she couldn't just let her emotions be ignored.

"Jackie, its okay if you want to cry some more.  I'm not leaving until you feel better and are ready to tell me more."   She looked at him, her tears dried once more.

"You don't... you don't have to do that." she whispered.

"I'm doing this because I care, Jackie.  As your friend, I have to check up on you and know if anything's wrong."

Jackie rested her head on his shoulder, telling him about whats been on her mind lately.  From school to living with the Walters, Brady tried his hardest not to laugh, afraid the Walters would wake up.

TWO HOURS PASSED and Jackie let out a yawn.  "I should probably go now." Brady stated, getting off the bed.  "I'll help you."

Jackie opened the window, allowing Brady to climb out.  "But Brady?"

The boy looked at her, "Thank you for coming over.  I... I guess that I just need to work on opening up and not hiding my feelings all the time."

Brady gave her a small smile.  "No problem.  You should go to sleep.  I'll see you later."

Once he was gone, Jackie closed her window and drew the blinds.  She gently laid on the bed, softly smiling to herself before her eyelids began to feel heavy and allowed slumber to consume her.

But she realized something that night.

Brady had called her a friend.

Maya Speaks 💫:

Kia and Issac are coming to you guys, I promise!

I'm just very busy with school rn!

But I hope you enjoyed this bonus chapter!