Ch.51

Antonio

[TW: domestic abuse]

"No no." I tutted. "Hold it, like this."

Gently placing the bouquet in Bear's mouth, I slowly retracted my hands back, watching as he wagged his tail silently. Sitting in the backseat, the dog had close to no space so I had to push the seats back for him.

Bear cocked his head to the side before I snapped my fingers. "Ah ah." I snapped. "Now when I say consegnalo ad Alia-"

The second her name left my lips, the mutt quickly erupted into barks louder than the fucking radio playing itself—all the while dropping the flowers onto the floor of the car. He quickly went to the windows, pressing his snout up against the glass to look for her.

"Why should I fucking bother bringing you along." I muttered to myself. I was parked right outside of her apartment and the foreboding apprehension was starting to latch onto me. The poor girl has been through enough—why should I bother dragging her through even more stress by putting her on the spot like this?

What if she said no? Even worse—what if she didn't say anything at all.

The small box in my pocket was light, yet held a hefty promise of a life time that I myself felt unworthy of carrying. I wanted her—in more ways than one. I wanted to be hers, I wanted to be closer.

I want to see her grow old with me, live a perfect life that I'll have the fucking pleasure of blessing her with.

This is the woman who I'd be willing to fall on my knees for. If I could, I'd leave everything just to better suit her simple and quiet life, the very one I've been craving to taste all these years. I'd throw my shit away for her. Fuck that, I'd kill for her.

I'd fucking kill for her.

Watching as Bear barked out for her, I let out a sigh and opened my car door, stepping out onto the snow before opening his own. The dog slowly stepped out and sniffed around, heading straight for the apartment. There wasn't anyone around in the lobby and despite knowing this apartment complex wasn't suited for animals, I couldn't find it in my heart to give a shit.

Bear let out a bark, looking around for Alia before I let out a sharp whistle. "Keep the fucking noise down, you don't want to get yourself kicked out." I hissed. The mutt let out a slight growl, just a slight one but I heard it, yet I couldn't help but let out a low snicker for his sass.

Walking up the stairs I wandered down the hallway, looking down as Bear walked beside me. It was awfully quiet other than the soothing whistle of the chilling wind outside as the sky continued to pepper the Earth with iced tears.

Apartment 124.

Noticing the door was closed, I let out a heavy breath before gently knocking my knuckles against it. "Hey baby. Come out for me, let me see you." I spoke.

It was dead silent, other than the soft pants of Bear's breathing. He looked happy—excited and it was clear he was trying his best to contain his excitement by the look of his tail wagging profusely. I don't blame him—he wanted to see his mama.

"Dolcezza." I drawled out, knocking once more. Nothing.

Usually on the second knock, she'd have bolted to the door to open it up for me. It didn't matter whether she was busy getting her curls done or she was busy in the kitchen—it was pretty much expected every fucking time.