Ch.53

Antonio

My heart dropped hearing that sound echo throughout the woods. I saw the flash of the gun within the car before I saw a figure slump back into the backseat.

He just shot her.

"He didn't..." I chuckled in denial and with a sudden flood of adrenaline coursing through my body, I stepped on the gas. The engine let out a loud roar as my car bolted down the road, catching up to his car.

"Antonio." Ray spoke over the radio. "What are you doing we never talked about-"

"He's fucking dead." I let out a growl. Bear was barking from the back seat, looking out the window as Padre shot his last bullets at the car, eventually discarding the weapon on the road. A foreign emotion swept over me like a tidal wave and with a sudden shiver, I felt my vision blur.

A tear rolled down my cheek, reaching down to my chin before it dropped down into my lap. He fucking shot her.

That fucking cunt.

Gripping onto the centre console, my hand found a way to the gear stick, switching gears and racing down the road.

When I get my hands on him..
I'm going to get so fucking creative.

The hood of my car met the rear of his before I swerved, sending his car drifting out of control. The tyres screeched against the concrete, sending snow flying out once it rolled back off the road.

Every trickle of blood.
Every sob and cry that I'll hear slip out between his lips...

The black ford let out a sudden growl once the car rolled back into a tree and I watched as Giovanni's face got whiplashed with the sudden pump of the airbag, letting out a hiss once grey smoke rose from the rear.

Every bullet that'll dive into his flesh...

With me and Ray's cars screeching to a stop, I stepped out, looking over at the wrecked car. Padre emerged, pushing the front door out with a grunt before stumbling into the snow—a bloody mess as seeping red liquid flowed from the side of his cheek. Getting onto his feet, he let out a grimace and clutched his abdomen before making his way into the woods, running off.

I'll enjoy every fucking second of it.

"Get help and gun that fucking bastard down!" I snapped at Ray, opening the backseat of my car, watching closely as Bear hopped out with a shake before running off after padre. "Put enough holes into his body that'll keep him alive."

"Got it." Ray nodded and ran after him, pulling out his own gun with his phone and trudged through the snow. Letting out a quivered breath, I ran across the road and opened up the back seat of the car, my nostrils flaring as I attempted to suppress my own breaths.

There she was.

Alia was alive, barely.

With her body letting out hiccups of laboured breaths, her hand clutched into the bloody wound on her chest, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Tonio, it hurts." She let out a raspy breath, a wince following soon after. "It hurts..."

"Baby.." Unable to keep it together, my breath heaved painfully before I felt my own tears spring out. Letting out a heavy grunt, I pulled the door open fully before I leaned down, wrapping my arms around her to pull her closer. She let out a cry in pain.

"Tonio!" She winced, her lips quivering. Seeing her in such an ungodly amount of pain absolutely broke me and I sat down on the edge of the seat of the car, cradling her to my body—desperately trying to get her to calm down. "It hurts!" She sobbed. "It hurts it hurts..."

"Hey hey, I'm here baby." My bottom lip sucked between my teeth and I bit down. Feeling them quiver I planted a soft kiss onto her forehead. "Help is on the way, just—just stay with me."

With my thumb gently grazing over her skin and pushing a few curls back, I looked with a blurred vision as she let out a whimper, her eyes once again swollen red. "Stay awake for me, please."

"I don't want to die." My eyes swirled with pure regret—pain. I should've tried harder. I should've tried harder...

A sudden gunshot was heard from deep within the forest, the crows above us cawing as a bloodcurdling scream erupted, the snow around us gently falling down onto the Earth. Though concerning, my eyes stayed peeled to Alia in my arms, gently rocking back and forth.

"I won't ever fucking let you." I whispered to her, sniffling. "Stay with me."

I watched as she clutched onto the cross of her silver necklace, letting out a cry as she squirmed slightly in my arms with a wince. Letting out a sudden growl of frustration, I winced. The help... why is it taking so long? "Where the fuck are they?!" I growled.

"Antonio it's cold." She whispered, taking my attention in a matter of milliseconds. I held her tighter, pulling her closer to me. She was losing blood—so much fucking blood in so little time.

"I've got you I'm staying ok?" I nodded quickly. "Stay with me please-"

"I love you so much." Her voice was merely a quiet croak at this point. "So much, and thank you for being by my side for all these months-"

"No—don't say that." I scowled, a frown appearing on my face as I grimaced, my hand soaked with her warm blood. "Don't ever fucking say that—you'll be fine."

"Te amo." She whispered before I felt her body suddenly lighten as her eyes fluttered shut. With a raspy breath, I clung onto her limp body tightly, kissing her forehead. This isn't happening. This isn't happening..

"I love you too." I muttered softly. "Dolcezza don't fucking do this to me." My teeth ground as I let out a sniffle before the tears came in full effect. My eyes watered, and fuck it broke me seeing her in such a bloody mess like this. "Alia, baby." I whispered.

Feeling the strings in my heart get ripped to pieces, I gently sobbed, holding her tightly in my arms. Her warmth was soon leaving and I could feel it once she lost consciousness. This isn't happening.

This isn't happening.

"Don't do this to me."

...