Ch.55

Alia

~One year later~

"Alia look how fucking gorgeous you look baby!" Kiki gasped, glancing down at me in the mirror. "I think I'll just take Antonio's spot and marry you myself."

Before me stood my own reflection—my body in a tight-fitted, beautiful flowy wedding dress. It was an embroidered off-shoulder floral white dress, long and elegantly stunning. "Right." I scoffed, looking up at her with a laugh. "And what are you gonna do about Ray?"

"We can swap." She twirled her hair around her finger, rolling her eyes. Being my maid of honour, I looked up at her in her gorgeous dove-blue satin dress, completed with a white rose that was tucked in her hair.

The date grew closer—quicker then I expected, and to be honest the thought of having a stressful wedding day never came to mind. Despite Antonio and I planning one with a decent guest list, he still took it upon himself to make it absolutely perfect.

"We should do one in the forest." He said. "And have a huge ass white table that stretched down between the trees."

Of course, he was the man with the money. I was simply the one who helped with the decorations.

I looked outside of the beautiful log cabin that we rented for the weekend, watching as the guests made their way towards the forest, following the path of glowing warm lanterns that hung up on to the trees. A shiver ran down my spine as I finally took in the situation.

I was about to get married to the love of my life.

"Breathe..." I breathed out, standing up to my full height as I quickly patted down my dress. The bridesmaids were waiting outside for me as I took my time trying to calm my nerves. "Holy shit."

"You ok babe?" Kiki rushed to my side, cupping my cheeks with concern swirling in her eyes. "What's wrong you need water? Makeup?"

She narrowed her eyes. "I saw a bar on the way here by the way-"

"I don't need alcohol, Kiki." I chuckled, allowing her to walk behind me to fix up my curls. They were flowing down my back in a half up-half down style with baby's breath flowers decorating it. With a few loose strands spiralling down, I swallowed down the lump in my throat.

"I haven't seen my fiancé since last night." I muttered. "And fuck—why do I feel so scared?"

"Pre-wedding jitters, Alia." Kiki hummed, taking a few white roses that were scattered on the makeup table before gently planting them in my curls. "Trust me, it's the worst fucking feeling and I had a panic attack—remember that?"

"Yeah I remember." I shivered. "I just—I'm nervous. Fuck I'm excited I can't wait to marry him, and spend the rest of my life with him..." My fingers nervously found a way to my dress, twirling it around. "Have his babies..."

"Gasp? How scandalous." Kiki sneered, pushing her hip to the side of mine. "I'm expecting ten kids."

"You are expecting at most three, Kiki." I rolled my eyes and chuckled. Although I was already looking perfect, I still felt that deep fucking pit in my stomach that made me nervous to the point of feeling like I'm was going to throw up.

It's just a wedding. It's only one day.

One day that'll unite us both. The day I soon become Mrs Bishop.