-Our Lunch Guests-

Side Character Notes

Since Tae has never disclosed his parent's names I will be choosing them...
Mrs Kim's name will be Kim Jangmi
While Mr Kim will be Kim Ye-Joon, if you don't like these names please feel free to change them 😁

————————————————————————————

                                        Tae's POV

Tae: you know, we've been together for almost a year... and I think we're sure of our feelings, well I know I am... so it's time that we meet each other's parents... if you're okay with it of course...

Y/N: Parents... Well, I guess it is kind of overdue, but why so suddenly?

Tae: I just want to meet the two people responsible for your existence, I mean it's not really sudden, I've been wanting to talk about it for a while...

Y/N: we can definitely do that, I mean my parents are coming here anyway, since it's my birthday soon...

Tae: perfect, they do know that you have a boyfriend right? I mean, it'd be weird if they didn't know...

Y/N: *playfully smacks his shoulder* of course I told them about you, i don't keep good things to myself...

Tae: I'm not good... I'm a bad boy *snickers*

Y/N: pfft... you're too silly to be a bad boy.... *chuckles*

Tae: I guess you're right...

Y/N: of course, I'm Y/N, I'm always right...

Timeskip 4 days...

Author: you both had discussed the topic of meeting each other's parents and today is the day that Mr Kim and Mrs Kim are coming to visit... of course, the meeting would take place in Tae's apartment, I mean, do you really want them to know that you guys stay with each other most nights? You were pretty scared, you were worried that they might hate you for not being Korean, and that worried you deeply...you and Tae were busy cleaning his apartment before their arrival....

Y/N: *while wiping down the counter in the kitchen* Love?

Tae: *while adjusting the pillows on the couch* mmm?

Y/N: what if they don't like me?

Tae: hey *walks up to you* don't worry... I'm sure they'll love you... *reassuring smile*

Y/N: but what if they don't...

Tae: they will, but even if they don't, just remember that my love for you is unconditional, and I won't be affected by their decisions... ok *warm hug*

Y/N: *anxious* ok... *in mind* I know his words of comfort are sincere, but I can't help but feel anxious, I mean they're his parents, not just some insignificant people. If they don't like me, life for us together will be difficult...

Author: these thoughts clouded your mind, you usually didn't care about what others thought about you being an interracial couple, but they (his parents) could make life very difficult for the two of you if you were to become Mrs Kim one day, one thing was for sure though, they could try their best to pull you apart, but you'd never let that happen...

                                    Mrs Kim's POV

Author: Mrs Kim and Mr Kim are in their car on the way to visit the two of you... Mr Kim was driving...

Mrs Kim: *in the passenger's seat next to Mr Kim* Ye-Joonah, why did he have to like a foreigner, what will the rest of the family think about this... think of the shame... our family will be the centre of gossip if they get married *whining on and on*