Harder than expected

"I believe the last recruits are here." The votja asked another before communicating.

He started in a loud voice " l am the votja in command, l will be addressed as General Verucha. You will all have to undergo training to become votja warriors. You have specific rules to follow and under no circumstances should you disobey them, or else you will be punished in several ways. Flogging, body torture, imprisonment,  working in harsh heavy conditions and even death is not an exception. Your punishment will be decided accordingly."

As he spoke l recognized a particular someone, the circus boy. I couldn't help  but smile. I was jerking out of my thoughts by General Verucha speaking even louder.

" Tomorrow you shall begin your routine. You are expected to wake up as early as 4 am. Any delay will not be tolerated. You will under go serious training, no complaining. Any lazy person unable to continue with the training shall be killed. There shall be no stealing especially from the votjas, no fighting and any major indiscipline case shall be handled by me.

No one is allowed in the votja territory unless granted permission, no attacking the votjas. Whoever tries shall also be rewarded heavily. You are also not allowed to start those stupid relationships amongst yourselves.

There are stages of your training, one by one you will have to advance to the next stage. From beginners, mediocres( the average) to the experts and then finally the army.

At an assigned time, you will be allowed to go visit your homes."

A small smile spread across my face. He continued.

"Lights shall be out at 10pm or depending on how we want it to be. If anyone tries to escape,

He paused and then chuckled finishing the statement and he turned around to face the other soldiers

" Send them to me." He said as wide grin spread across his face.

" Do l make myself clear?" He yelled even louder.

" Ye-es, s-si-ir. Clearly l wasn't the only one trembling as we replied.

"Dismissed." He added.

I dashed from there at lightning speed. I couldn't wait to the tent. There were so many of us. Like 900 of us. I rushed to the tent and it was still empty. Adira and Amari weren't in yet.

I quickly changed and jumped into my bed. I sighed

" Finally." I said.

In a matter of two seconds, l drifted off to sleep. I didn't even know when Adira and Amari came back in the room.