Opposites attract [Artem Wing]

{Artem Wing x rival! Reader}

(A/N: I was originally gonna do this for Rosa but I decided to change it to Artem last minute 😭)

!! Valentine's Day special !!

Ever since you were younger, you and Artem have always been at each other's necks(it was mainly you), he won most of the time. When it came to choosing your professions, once you found out Artem was going to become a defense attorney, you chose the route of prosecution.

During college and attempting to get your doctorate, you have become well acquainted with Ingrid Roseworth. She was a really pretty and mature woman with long wavy jet black hair.

Once you both graduated with your degrees, 2 of your other colleges; Howard Syter and William Lewis offered not just Roseworth, but you a job at Baldr. You both accepted and now you're here in a court lobby.

— Y/N POV —

In about 5 minutes from now, I'll be going up against Artem Wing, once again. He has a 99% win rate in court(usually). I took this time to look over the case files, but I kept getting sidetracked by Artem. All I needed to memorize for now is the defendant, the victim, the background between the both, and the motive.

—"Mx. L/N, the trial is about to start. You are to head to the courtroom at this time."

I look up from the case file to see the Bailiff. I stand up dusting my suit and start making my way to the courtroom. I decided to try and make it a little earlier so I could make extra preparations in advance, and so I did.

—"The Defense is ready your honor." Artem says

—"The Prosecution.." I paused. "Is ready, your honor." I manage to utter.

—"The prosecution will start with their opening statement." The judge spoke out loud.

—"The defendant of this case is Ulysses LeBlanc. The victim, Flor LeBlanc was found dead in the bathroom. Acoording to the autopsy report, she died because of poisoning; hence why she died in the bathroom." I stated.

Most of the trial was all hazy from there, Artem's glares from time to time made me slightly flustered, all I know is that I lost that trial, that made Mr. Syter and Lewis quite agitated, and left Ingrid disappointed.

The next day, I had a day off so I got up and ready to run some errands, but I heard my doorbell ring so I decided to check it out, and it was Artem. He was dressed in some casual attire:
A crocheted white turtleneck, and some jeans.

—"It's been awhile, Y/N." He smiled.

—"To what do I owe you the pleasure?" I ask.

—"You've grown a lot since our last encounter years ago. All I wish is for an opportunity to catch  up and reminisce old memories with you." The man then hands me a small piece of paper with numbers on it.

—"Call me when you're free." He then waves goodbye, and walks away.

You close the door, look at the paper, and smile greatly.

You now have the Artem Wing's number.