THE RIVER IN REVERSE

THE GARDEN

Rebekah has her arms wrapped around Dove's waist, chin resting on her shoulder. Dove leans further into her arms.

Dove looks down at Tyler Lockwood's body

Dove: Who's that?

Rebekah: Just some annoying cunt, darling.

Dove: Where are you and Marcel going to put Klaus? We don't want him doing anything. Marcel says he has a way with words. How long do you plan on keeping him locked up?

Rebekah: 54 years. I'll settle for long enough to experience just a little bit of happiness. And ensure that my niece isn't turned to a hybrid breeding machine. It's gonna be tough to keep him in here. Could you or Davina even the odds in our favor?

Dove: I can't risk Vina. She's got less and less control over her magic lately. I can't even get her out of the church attic, much less rely on her to go to battle against Klaus.

Rebekah: Then we'll need your very best warriors. Klaus is strong and crafty, and betrayal makes him particularly nasty.

Dove: What we're doing is nothing Klaus hasn't done to both you and your brother four dozen times over. You're not getting second thoughts now, are you?

Rebekah: These aren't second thoughts. They're feelings of regret. I should have buried him a hundred years ago. A hundred years we could've been together.

Dove looks over her shoulder, smiling at her and Rebekah kisses her.

Dove: I love you

Rebekah: I love you too, darling.

BAYOU

Hayley walks outside to find Eve standing several yards away. When she sees Hayley, she runs in the opposite direction away from her

Hayley: Hey. H---

She's cut off when her phone begins ringing, she looks down seeing Dove calling. She smiles and answering

Hayley: Hey Sugar.

Dove: Are you okay?

Hayley: I'm fine, baby.

Dove: Why don't you let me come out there and let me take care of you?

Hayley: Nh-uh, babe. You stay right where you are when I know you're safe and sound.

Dove: But---

Hayley: No buts. I'll see you when this is done, okay?

Dove: Okay. Can you at least hold me in your arms?

Hayley: We'll have all the cuddles you want.

Dove: I love you

Hayley: I love you more, Sugar.

She hangs up the phone and smiles happily.

Dove/Klaus/Kol: Best Friends Trio?