04: Obsession

Obsession: AKA Verosika's slow descent into insanity. 0-0

Three hours later:

"Verosika?"

"Mhm."

"You're going to be late to your own show."

"Ooone sec. Juuust..." I pin a picture of Fizzarolli to the corkboard, "There! Doesn't it look perfect?"

Vortex squinted, wringing his hands. "Its... Fizzarolli and Blitzo?" 

I nodded vigorously.

He gulped. "This isn't some big plot, is it? Not like last time someone ditched you?"

I snatched up my purse. "Nope. Nothing like that.

Three days later:

"V?" Beelzebub asked from the doorway.

"What?" I asked, not even bothering to turn around.

"Just wanted to check in and say I'm sorry for whatever upset you last Friday." 

"Cool." I wound string around tacks holding evidence to the board.

She immidiately perked up."Oh, and hey! There's these clowns, Glitz and Glam, I heard they're really good-"

"Can we not do this now?" I snapped, "I'm kind of in the middle of something."

Bee recoiled. "O - OK. That's fine." She looked hurt as she exited, but I didn't care. I was so close...

Three weeks later:

"Um, Verosika. Are you sure you're not obsessed with this?" Vortex asked.

"I'M NOT OBSESSED!" I screeched, whirling away from the bulletin board.

Vortex stepped back a little. "Just saying that you've missed five shows and your fans are getting relentless to see you-"

"What makes you think any of THIS is an obsession?!" I threw my hands up, turning back around. Papers were strewn across the ground, as well as pins that I couldn't help but step on. String sat in jaggedly cut strips, tape clinging to every surface imaginable.

A hand wrapped around my shoulders. "C'mon, V. You obviously need a break-"

I laughed, swatting his arm away. "I'm. Fine."

Vortex put on an uncomfortable, worried face as he left.

I didn't care. 

I was 

so

close.

THERE!! 

I screamed with happiness, repetitively punching the pictures. "Yes, Yes, YES!" 

Because I'd found where they were. I jotted down the locations, and picked up my silver, shining angelic dagger.

Couldn't give them a quick death, now could I?

I laughed maniacally.

Nothing

can stop

me

now.