08: Flashbackz

"Blitz! Hey, Blitz!" I yelled, waving at my boyfriend. 

I loved him so much.

He grinned from ear to ear, dashing over to me. "Verosika!" he chirped.

My arm wound around his shoulders. "I can't believe you're at the carnival, too!" I laughed nervously.

Of course I knew he was at the carnival. That's why I came! 

The ring box was feather light in my hand, and I blushed a little. 

Blitz pointed towards the caurosel. "Hey, wanna ride?"

I nodded a little TOO enthusiastically.

Blitz tilted his head. "We don't have to, I'm not forcing you or anything."

"No, no." I interlaced our fingers. "The caurosel sounds perfect."

"We-el aren't you a bunch of na-a-arcs?" Robo Fizz sneered from the control area. 

"FUCK OFF, BITCH!" me and Blitz shouted at the same time.

Fizz glared, but still let us in. That little shit would do anything for money. 

We chose the horses we always chose, the ones next to each other. Mine was a blinding hot pink, while his was a vivid red.

Like this moment was meant to happen. We held hands the whole ride, Blitz occasionally offered me cotton candy he stole from a vendor, but other than that we were silent. Just two lovers enjoying one another's company.

I'd finally found the person I'd been looking ages to find.

Soon, we were both sitting on a grassy hill, watching the sky, waiting for fireworks.

The ring box burned a hole in my pocket.

"Sooo..." I singsonged. Blitz looked up. "You used to be a circus clown, right?" 

Blitz frowned. "Yeah?"

"And you burned in a fire-"

"Where the fuck is this going?" Blitz cringed, rubbing his hand scars.

"You nearly died!" I blurted. Oh shit. "I mean, your name used to be Blitzo, shit, your best friend had everything replaced, fuck I am MESSING THIS UP, he got a better life than you in the end, no, shit, fuck, damn, I. Am. Such. A. Bitch. At this-"

"You can stop right there." Blitz said cooly. "I get it. You don't want to be my girlfriend anymore, so you're bringing up my trauma." he snorted, pulling away from my embrace. "Traitor move, bitch."

My anger issues got the better of me. "At least I didn't end up the bitch without a mother."

Blitz stopped halfway down the hill. "What."

"You heard me." I spat. "And your sister, too."

"You ASSHOLE!!" Blitzo screeched, leaping on top of me.

We scuffled for a bit, punches and kicks and insults and all. 

Finally, I threw him away from me.

And the ringbox fell away. 

Blitzo shook off the suprise. It gave way to chilled malice. "Never going to happen." 

And then he walked away.

And that was how it ended.

With my heart in fragmented pieces.