06: Dual Blade

Blitzo. I couldn't feel bad for killing Blitzo. I ran as fast as I could to that rust bucket of an office he worked at. 

What was it? I.M.P, that's right. I flicked my tongue through my teeth. The handle of my knife clacked against my thigh, still coated in Fizzarolli's blood.

Don't think about that. Focus on the target. The ONE person you can't resist killing no matter what.

I neared the tall apartment building, the sky turning a darker and darker red. Sinners and imp alike walked the street, some holding hands, some watching the sky above, some going off to commit a crime. 

I opened up my wings, soaring above it all. I hadn't flown since I was a child. After a while, I thought it was a waste of time and energy compared to cars. 

But now I remembered why I loved it so much.

The exertion. 

I swooped down onto the windowsill of Blitzo's office. The curtains were drawn.

Angrily, I broke the window into a million tiny shards. No one was in there. 

"SHIT!" I screeched, "SHIT, SHIT, SHIIIT!!!" 

"Looking for someone?" Came the annoying voice I'd come so accustomed to. 

Blitzo.

The little possum guy and his girlfriend, too. 

The hellhound, and a goetia. 

And they were.

All.

Armed.

"...shit." I muttered.