Prologue

Y/n POV

"What's happening to her egg? Why is it turning blood red." A voice called from outside the egg. You could tell it was your mother,  you couldn't understand a single thing she said but you could tell by her voice, she was worried.

You wanted to comfort her, but you couldn't do that if you were stuck in your egg. You felt around for a wall and started kicking, determined to help your mother.

"No, no, no, no, you can't come out yet. It's too soon. Wait another week." Your mother obviously didn't know that you couldn't understand a single word, she said, but when you heard her voice, it encouraged you to kick harder.

Suddenly, your front talons broke through. You could feel the air outside. You brought your talons back in and pocked your head out. Your little nostrils flaired with joy as you looked at who you thought was your mother.

"What!!" The person you are looking at yelled. She then proceeded to turn the dragon next to her, "This can't be possible. Why is it that colour!! There must be something wrong with it!! THAT IS NOT MY DRAGONET!!!!!" She yelled, the dragon next to her replied in a calm voice. "I assure you, Secretstar, that is your dragonet. But you are right, she is strange looking." The dragon that was talking to Secretbstar turned around and walked to a different nightwing. This one was male.

"Starflight, it is good that you decided to come at precisely this time." The male dragon turned his head to you. He seemed well fed, not like Secretstar and the other dragon at all. "Of course, Ashfate, what is it you need."Well... better if I show you." Starflight and the Ashfate start to walk towards you. You get scared, so you put your head back into the egg. I hope that it could hide you.

"Secretstar." The male voice said. "Starflight." She responded," You could hear the annoyance in her voice. Then she started yelling again. "There is no way that that, that thing is MY dragonet!!!!" Then a calm voice started speaking, you suspected it was Ashfate. "Have you read anything that could explain this."

You were curious, so tou stuck your tiny head out of the hole in your egg, "I can only guess, but what I am sure of is that this is possibly the cutest little dragonet I have every seen." Starflight said. He then booped your nose, and a smile spread across your face. "Then what is your guess?" Ashfate asked him. "Well... nightwings get their powers from the full moons, I suspect that the moons have done the same with the egg tonight." He responded. "Can we be sure? I mean, even though it is a guess."
"Well, think about it. There he's not been three full blood moons in over four thousand years. We have no record about what happened the last time all three moons were full and red. it's possible that that is what caused the discolouration.".

" You might be right." Ashfate said. "You might be right indeed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n - Sorry if this Chapter was too short, I could not think of anything to make it longer, again please send requests for the next chapters and do comments what you think about the prologue.