Chapter 2

A/n - Again, please remember that there is a change. Now, it is in the first person.

_________________________________________________
Y/n POV

After telling Secretstar that I would be leaving, I went to my bedroom and fell asleep on my bed.

It is now morning, I wake up, surprised that I didn't wake to the yelling of Secretstar. Finally, the birds song fills my ears, and I can feel the wind against my wings. "Oi!!! You awake. You better be gone at midday, or else I am kicking you out!!!" There it was. I knew it would be impossible not to hear that voice, but a little hope is fine.

I packed my things into a small pouch made of leaves before I put it on, I quickly checked to make sure I had all my stuff. "I have some dried mango from my secret stash, a pouch of water, my two favourite scrolls, and some coins in case we cross a market. Alright! I have everything I need." I said as I closed the pouch and put it around my neck.

The hallway was dark, [Great! Secretstar forgot to put the lights on again!!] I thought. I was scared of the dark because that was always when people would come out and attack me. Me being white, I could not blend into the night, and the other nightwings can.

I ran down the hallway as fast as I could until I reached the main room. [She is going, finally, worst thi g that ever happenedin my life. That's what she is!!] I heard Secretstar think. Sometimes, it was like she forgot that I could read minds or that she didn't care, and I was just a mindless slug that couldn't understand a word she said, but I tried not to be too hurt about it.

Sometimes, I'm wish I didn't have these powers or that I could at least block the thoughts I did not want to hear.

I walked out the door and turned around to say goodbye to Secretstar because she did kind of take care of me all these days, sort of. But due did not even turn her head to look at me, so I did not say bye.

I took off and flew towards Moons' house. I wanted to be as far away from Mother as possible.

I landed in front of the familiar door. I knocked on it twice, and Moon answered straight away with a smile on her face. "Please, come in." [Mom is not here yet, she went to the market and we are leaving as soon as she comes back.] Moon said telepathically, I nodded and went inside.

The room I went in was fully lit and large. "I am already to go, are you?" I asked Moon, "Yes, I just need to calm down my nerves. Are you not nervous about going? Because I am terrified, " She replied, so I replied to her question. "Only a little, but for me, this is a chance for a new start, and finally, make more friends. Don't get me wrong, you are amazing, but I want more friends." Suddenly, the door opened to reveal a tall black dragon. "Oh... hello Y/n, good to see you here, Moon said you will be joining us to Jade Mountain Academy, is that correct?" I nodded, and we left into the sky.

Change in tense (Present)
___________________________

"Befor we leave, we need to go to the gate guards." Secretkeeper said. Queen Glory doesn't fully trust Nightwings yet, but who can blame her? After what we did, I would never trust a nightwing ever again. So she had paced gate guards around the village, we sign a paper saying when we are leaving, who is leaving, where they are going and when they think they will be coming back, there are always two guards next to each other. A nightwing and a rainwing.

We landed at a gate entrance and spotted the two gate guards. "Darkscale, Pine." Secretkeeper said, greeting the guards. "Here is the signing scroll, and Darkscale will give you some Ink." Pine said, handing Secretkeeper a scroll. The nightwing, known as Darkscale, handed Secretkeeper the ink.

She finished adding the information she needed, and Pine took the scroll. And scanned the paper. The rainwing gate guards were the first rainwings to learn to read. " A Jade Mountain Academy, is it?" Secretkeeper nodded, and Pine continued to read. "When will they be back?" He asked, pointing to Moon and I. "I don't know.... when the school year ends, I guess." Secretkeeper answered. "OK. You may go." He told us, and we took off into the air.

_________________________________________________

A/n - For those of you who think that this chapter was too short, I am sorry. Also, I will tell you when there is a change in 'POV' and tense. So far, it is still Y/n's POV.