||Chapter 3||

It have been 3 weeks since Cross staying with Dream. Right now they ran out of food. 

"God dammit did that demon got tired of me? At least break this damn shackle.." Dream muttered to himself as he searching something to cook. 

Well partly this is Dream fault. He was feeding Cross and the birds. Astaroth only left food for Dream.

"Hey are you okay?" asked Cross.

Dream sighed and answer him, "Well there's no food. Guess we starved." 

"Oh no... Should I go hunting? Honestly at this moment shouldn't I break you free from this tower?" Cross just remember Dream is a prisoner-

"You stayed with me for 3 weeks and now you're asking me that...? God, why did you gave me such an idiotic friend-" Dream whispered to himself. "forget it, I can't go with you. If I leave this tower the demon will hurt someone I care." Said Dream.

Cross did not understand what Dream meant by that. While living with Dream, he learnt that Dream was kidnapped when he was 6 and was decorated like a doll by the demon. Pretty disturbing for a fairytale-. 

"Hmm okay.... Then I'll go hunting—"

The bell near the window rings, it's a sign someone is coming. 

"oh God, he's here. HIDE IN MY ROOM NOW!" Dream immediately pushed Cross out of the kitchen then he went to the window while Cross went to Dream's room. 

Dream took his apron and wear it then smear a dirt on his cheek, that good enough to deceive the demon.

While Astaroth fly up to the tower and enter as he grins at Dream. 

"My lovely doll! I didn't know you were so eager to see me. Seems like you were taking care of the plant.." Said Astaroth. 

Dream fake his smiles and facade, "Of course, you're the only one who cares about me.. I am dying to see you. I miss you so much..." Dream then pulled Astaroth into a hug. "Astaroth, I was so lonely without you. I had to eat dinner alone the the birds started to accompany me. I feed them for this past 3 weeks and seems like I ran out of the ingredients...." 

Astaroth proudly smiles and kisses Dream on the cheek. "I'm glad you miss me, doll. I already brought ingredients for you and a great news!" 

Dream feel disgusted when Astaroth kissed him on the cheek. If he can, he want to puke but he remains calm and keep on his act. 

"A news? How lovely. I'll prepare the tea right away." Said Dream as he let go of Astaroth.