Ch. 16

Jaelyn

Everyone enjoyed Bridgette's birthday. Fergal returned to get the twins. I am not speaking to him after what he told me about Marcel.

Bryson and Gracie are helping me clean up. "Thank you, guys, for helping me out with Bridgette's birthday," I said.

"You're welcome. What happened to Fergal?" Bryson asked. "He's mad at me. He believes I invited Gracie to Bridgette's birthday and not his girlfriend. Of which I had no idea that you were gonna bring Gracie. No offense," I said.

"None taken," Gracie said. "Well, Fergal should be mad at me, not you. Invited Gracie because I was ready for Bridgette to meet her," Bryson said.

"Then he asked me why Marcel didn't come and I told him that he was busy. Then Fergal says that Marcel's pretending to like me and he likes another girl that's hotter than me," I said.

"Oh, Fergal's just jealous that Marcel's being a good friend to you. Don't let him get into your head," he said.

I nodded, sighing. "I might have to talk to Marcel about this," I said. "Don't tell him. This is what Fergal wants, he knows that you like Marcel," Gracie said.

I nodded, sighing. "Mommy, do you like Marcel?" Bridgette asked. We looked at Bridgette standing on the stairs.

"Bridgette Jolene Garcia-Dale, how long have you been standing there?" I asked. "Just for a minute," she said, coming downstairs.

"Oh, you little sneak," I said. "I wonder where she got that from?" Bryson asked. I looked at Bryson, staring at him.

"Oh that she got that from you. I saw you two spying on me when Marcel came and picked me up," I said.

"Momma, do you like Marcel?" Bridgette asked. "Well, do you?" Bryson asked. They all stared at me.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. "Your mommy's blushing," Bryson said. "Shut up, Bryson," I said, through my teeth.

"Come on, Momma, admit it," Bridgette said. "Ok, fine! I do like him," I said, sitting on the couch.

"See, Momma. That wasn't so hard," Bridgette said. "Why don't you give Marcel a chance?" Gracie asked.

"Marcel and I are just friends because I want to focus on myself and the kids. He wants me to let my heart heal," I said.

"Well, that's understandable," Bryson said. I nodded. I heard a knock on the door. "Huh? I wonder who that is?" Bridgette asked.

I got up to see who it was. I looked through the peephole. I see Marcel. I opened the door. "Hey, Marcel," I said.

"Hi, Schon. Did I miss the party?" Marcel asked. "Yes, you did," I said. "Oh looks like you have guests still here," Marcel said.

"So this must be Marcel Barthel that Jaelyn's been hanging out with," Bryson said. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

"Yes, Bryson, this is Marcel. Marcel, meet Bryson, Bridgette's dad and this is his girlfriend Gracie," I said.

"Nice to meet you guys," Marcel said. "You as well. How long have you known Jaelyn?" Bryson said.

"Here we go with questions," I said. "Three years ago in Blackpool England when the new WWE Performance Center UK was opened. However, we never talked until that blind date we went on two years ago," he said.

"That's a long time," Bryson said. "Yeah," he said. "Yeah. He's been a good friend since Fergal's been distant with me," I said.

"Well that's a good thing," Bryson said. "So Momma, is that your friend Marcel," Bridgette said, coming down stairs.