Ch. 20

Jaelyn

Right now, I am taking Bridgette to Bryson's house. She's rubbing her eyes. "Are you tired, sweetie?" I asked.

Bridgette nodded, yawning. "Yes. It happens after I eat," she said, rubbing her eyes. "Well, you can take a nap at your Daddy's house," I said to her.

"Okay, Momma," she said. I nodded, pulling into Bryson's driveway, parking my car. "We made it to Daddy's house," I said.

Bridgette nodded. I got out of my car. I grabbed the stuff that she bought with her birthday money.

I got her out of the my car, carrying her in my arms. "Golly, you're getting heavy," I said. Bridgette held onto me.

We walked up to the house. I rang the Ring doorbell. Bryson opens the door, going inside his house.

"Hey, Bridgette," Bryson said. "Hi, Daddy," Bridgette said, holding her arms out for him. I handed Bridgette to Bryson.

"Did you have a fun day with Mommy?" he asked. "I did. We went shopping and went to lunch," she said.

"She's got tired after eating. She needs a little nap," I said. Bryson nodded. "She is always sleepy after eating. I'm gonna lay her down on the couch," he said.

I nodded. "I like the new paint," I said. "Thank you. I got tired of the boring white walls and added color to brighten the place up," he said.

I sat all the things she got at the mall. Bryson lays Bridgette down on the couch. I grabbed her a blanket, covering her up.

I kissed her cheek. Bridgette sat up, hugging me. "Thank you for taking me shopping and to lunch, Mommy," she said.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you had fun. Listen to Daddy and I'll see you next Sunday," I said, kissing her cheek.

"See you next Sunday, Momma. I love you," Bridgette said. "I love you too," I said. Bridgette laid back down on the couch.

"What did she have to eat?" he asked. "Just bacon, sausage links and scrambled eggs with water," I said.

"That's good. I'll check what she got at the mall," Bryson said. "Okay. She didn't get any makeup," I said.

"Good, she has to wait until she's fourteen," he said. I nodded. "How is Gracie doing?" I asked. "She's good, working," he said.

"Bridgette tells me that you're happy with Gracie," I said. "Yes, I am. Gracie and I have been dating for a while now and I feel like she's the one," he said.

"That's good. If you're happy, then I'm happy for you as well," I said, smiling. "Thank you, Jaelyn," he said.

"You're welcome," I paused, checking the time. "I better head home. I have to get ready for my birthday date with Marcel," I said.

"All right. Have fun on your date with Marcel," he said. "I will. Talk to you later," I said. "Okay. Bye Jaelyn and happy birthday," he said.

I nodded, smiling. "Thank you, Bryson, have a good one. Don't let her sleep too long," I said, leaving Bryson's house.

"I won't. Drive safe," he said, shutting the door. I went to my car, getting in and buckling up.

Later That Day

I am at home, getting ready for my birthday date with Marcel. It's just a date with two friends. I'm not ready for a relationship.

I do like Marcel but my heart isn't ready for a relationship. I've been divorced for only 48 hours. It's been six years since I've been on a date.