Part 14

With Y/n carrying Kazui, Katsuki was the one who unlocked the front door for them despite carrying the groceries.

It was impressive for Y/n, of course. Maybe being a hero has its perks after all.

"You can put Kazui in his room. I'll prepare dinner." Katsuki said while walking towards the kitchen.

Y/n nodded in response even though she was fully aware he wouldn't see her. With that, Y/n went upstairs. Carefully holding Kazui with one arm, she twists the knob and pushes the door open allowing herself in. She went nearer to the bed and gently placed Kazui on his mattress.

Of course, her being a babysitter, she knows she couldn't let Kazui sleep like that. Without asking Katsuki, Y/n browsed through Kazui's closet looking for his pajamas.

The aroma of Katsuki cooking made her pause for a second though. She could smell he's boiling the chicken with a few spices right there.

Well, she didn't expect Katsuki could even cook. She imagined him ordering food as their meal. Why hasn't she thought of that when she was in the kitchen? She clearly saw all the spices on the cupboard. Well, she thought those were all for a show. A display? Boy, how wrong she was.

Shrugging her thoughts away, she proceeded to look for pajamas till she found a drawer full of what she had been looking for. What piqued her interest was the Dynamight-themed pajamas he has. Y/n had to stifle a giggle when she picked it up and shut the drawer.

"This will do," she mumbled smiling to herself.

She went back to Kazui's side and sat beside him carefully not waking him. Once she put the pajamas down, she slightly lifted Kazui's body using one arm and took off his clothes using the other. She's an expert at this, you know. Once done undressing him, she grabs the pajamas and then put them on Kazui who was not even bothered by all her movements.

He must be deeply asleep then. She'll feel bad if she wakes him up for dinner.

..

"Took you long enough," Katsuki said not bothering to look up when you suddenly appear at the kitchen doorway.

"I had to change Kazui into his pajamas since his shirt was a bit sweaty. I don't want him to get sick." You said whilst holding the said clothes in your hand. "Where should I put this?" You asked.

"There's a laundry basket in the bathroom." Katsuki simply answered and watches you disappear from his peripheral vision.

He didn't know you'd be this on hand to Kazui since it is his first time having someone take care of his child in his own home. He gotta admit though, he's less exhausted compared to when he's the only one taking care of his child.

Was he complaining? Yes. Its draining being a single father. But he knows he needed to do what needs to be done for his son. Heck, he was even thankful whenever his friends came over to visit him, mainly Kazui. They are aware that he's been struggling with being a parent especially now that his Ex-wife is in jail.

Now that he remembered it. He needed to confront her soon. Was he ready though? Hell yeah, he is. That excuse of a woman deserves to spend her entire life behind bars after what she did.

If you ask what Bakugo Katsuki's regret was. Is that he didn't listen to his friends when they warned him. Did he regret having Kazui in his life though? No. Not even a bit. He was glad Kazui was here with him. Kazui gives him hope to continue with life. He's the entire reason why he needs to be alive. He's, his world.

If anything happened to his son, the world would witness the other side of Dynamight.

"Bakugo."

He was clearly lost in his thoughts cause your voice suddenly jerked him awake.