Free trip

"Thank you for gathering here everyone." The boss says to all the employees here. I listen to what he has to say to us. "Due to all of your hard work we have made so much work and since many of you have families and are going on a vaccation over the summer, I have decided to give you all a free vaccation to Starlight Wonderland and everything is paid in advance." The boss says calmly. Everyone is quiet for a few moments before we all explode in excitment cheering. Katelyn, Kawai~Chan, Aaron, Travis, Lucinda, Zane, Garroth, Nicole, Michi, Cadenza, Dante, Ein, Kim, and Gene all walk around trying to figure out where I am since I was in the back of the room away from everyone. Michi spots me and tells the group. They all see me and they walk over to me.

"Looks like we're going to Starlight." Katelyn says. She looks at me and then everyone else.

"I wonder what they're gonna talk about." I say. Aaron and I look at each other.
"They'll tell us if they want to." Aaron says calmly.
"How are you always so calm? I wish I could be that calm." I whine. Aaron chuckles softly.
"It's cute when you aren't calm sometimes." Aaron chuckles. I feel my face heat up a bit. I then realize that he likes someone, so I feel my face go back to normal. Aaron and I continue speaking while we wait for the others to be done talking about whatever they were talking about.
"Lets all start packing after work, then make sure we have everything. And we'll be put in groups of 2, and we have to check our partners stuff to make sure they have everything packed as well." Zane says. We all nod. "It's sort of like a competition. Whichever group is all ready first gets to pick what we do first full day at each island. Now,lets get into our groups. Kawai~Chan and I made them just now." Kawai~Chan nods and pulls out her phone and gives it to Katelyn.
"The groups are: Kawai~Chan and Zane, Nicole and Lucinda, Gene and Garroth, Travis is with me, Cadenza and Kim, Dante and Michi, Laurence and Ein and finally Aaron and Aphmau." Katelyn says. Everyone except for Laurence, Dante, and Ein nod.

"Can I get a different partner?" Laurence, Dante, and Ein all ask. I notice Dante backing away from Michi, and Laurence glaring at Ein while Ein glares at Laurence.
"I'm not that bad Dante!" Michi says. All of us girls except for Michi giggle.
"You have your moments and when you do it's annoying." Dante says. Michi whines.
"No changing." Katelyn says. "All partners are final." She hands Kawai~Chan her phone back. Laurence, Dante, and Ein all whine, while the rest of us laugh.

"We're going to stay at our houses but during packing days, we will go to each others houses to check, and during the trip we will probably stay with our assigned partner." Zane says. "We also may share rooms with our partners depending on if we are all okay with that." We all nod. Everyone except me begins talking about what we're excited to do. I look around the room and see some people making phone calls and talking to their friends. I look out the window and see someone waiting. I see Melissa outside. She looks at me and then she grabs her phone. I feel my phone viberate. I pull it out of my pocket and see Melissa texted me.
"Can you meet me outside as soon as you're done in there?" Melissa's text says. I look up at her and nod. She smiles back at me. I turn to face Kawai~Chan.
"I gotta step out for a few minutes. I'll be back though." I say to Kawai~Chan. She nods and smiles. I smile and walk out of the cafe.

I walk to where Melissa is waiting for me. "So what do you need Melissa?" I ask her.
"My dad is planning on taking his employees on a 2 month long trip and they all get to go for free since everything is already paid by him. I was wondering if you and Aaron wanted to come. He said I could invite you two." Melissa says calmly, but I know she's trying to hide her excitement.
"I would love to, but my boss has already promised us to a 2 month vacation in Starlight." I say calmly and sincere. Melissa nods.
"Hm, interesting. We're going to the same place! Oh wait that's right! You, Aaron, and your friends work for my dad! I totally forgot." Melissa laughs.

"Really?!" I look surprised. Melissa stops laughing.
"He didn't tell you?" Melissa asks. I shake my head. "Well, we're going to the same place, and don't tell Aaron. I wanna surprise him." Melissa winks playfully. I giggle. Melissa and I talk about a few things. I notice that Katelyn, Zane, and Kawai~Chan are looking for me.
"I gotta go Melissa. Some of my friends are looking for me." I say. Melissa nods. We say our goodbyes and walk away from each other. I walk back into the cafe where employees are allowed to enter.

"There you are! Now we need to talk about some things for the trip before we go any farther." Zane says. I nod and walk with them back over to the group of our friends. We all talk about days we want to go snack shopping or clothes shopping since the group is doing those together, but the packing thing and the rooming thing it with our partners. "So, Monday's, and Wednesday's are for clothes shopping. Tuesday's and Thursday's are for snack shopping. And Friday's are for packing checks." Zanes says and we all nod in agreement.

Everyone gets with their partners and all begin talking about who's house they'll bring their bags too and what all needs to be packed.