Chapter 1

„Oh, she hates that." Ann frowned, seeing Willa spit out the meal she prepared for her.

„What did you give her?" Asked Joe through FaceTime.

„I blended peas and spinach together."

„And you're surprised?" He laughed. „Glad I'm not there to change the diapers after that."

Ann squinted her eyes at him as he blew her a kiss. „Asshole." She rolled her eyes. „How was the show?"

„Oh you know, good as always." He shrugged. „Heading to Texas tonight. Only one more week and I'll be back home."

„Yeah, I know." Ann sighed, looking at him through the screen. „We miss you."

„I'm dying over here too, believe me." He sighed.

„Dada!" Willa screamed reaching her small hands to the screen.

„Yeah, that's dada." Ann laughed. „Wanna show him what you learned today?" Ann said gesturing for her to wave and she copied her, waving at Joe.

„Oh, you're so cute. Can't believe you're going to be one year old soon." Joe giggled and then looked behind his phone as someone talked to him. „Okay, gotta go, we're doing an interview."

„Okay." Ann put on a soft smile.

„Hey. I'll be home soon."

„I know, I know." She sighed, feeding Willa another spoonful.

„Give her kisses from me, okay? Love you. Call you soon." He said, blowing kissed into the phone.

„Say bye dada!" Ann said to Willa.

„Dada!" She waved at him, but Joe already ended the call.

She sighed, putting her phone back in her pocket. Willa managed to already spit the food out again.

„So what, we're not eating this?" Ann squinted her nose at Willa making her smile. „Okay." She took the bowl and thrown it into the sink.

„Was that Joe?" Her mom said walking out of the bathroom.

„Yeah." Ann smiled.

„When is he coming back?"

„Next week."

„Well, finally." She shook her head. „I feel like Willa only sees him through the screen."

Ann sighed knowing that she was right.

Life has changed so much throughout the past year. After they got engaged and got back to America it wasn't even two days before Ann gave birth to Willa. Joe was with her and it was one of the most memorable moments in Ann's life.

Willa is more than perfect. She rarely cries and is like an angel. Everyone is obsessed with her and she is obsessed with everyone. And she looks like a literal copy of Joe.

Joe decided they needed a fresh start so he sold both his house in California and his apartment in New York. He bought an apartment in New York for when he's traveling there and they settled in California in, as he called it, their ‚forever house'. It was a beautiful beach house, something Ann always dreamed about. It was secluded, quiet and more than she could wish for.

Ann's mom was living with them. Ann held the promise that someday they'll live together in a beach house with kids running around. She was a great help with Willa, especially now that Joe was touring.

Joe was with them for the first few months after the birth and it was the most magical time. Just as she thought, he is an amazing father and she knows she's the most important girl in his world. Unfortunately, they had their big tour planned and he had to leave. Joe mentioned a few times that they can cancel it so he can stay, but Ann knew this wasn't an option. She thought having her mom around would be enough.