Chapter 3

„So..." Ann's mom started, taking a bite of her pancake. „Now that the birthday is behind us, you two can fully focus on the wedding."

Ann and Joe settled for a July date and a beautiful ceremony in Tuscany, where Joe proposed to her. They knew they wouldn't have time to plan everything with a newborn, so they hired a wedding planner. As a matter of fact - two wedding planners. One in Tuscany, who made sure everything was ready for the ceremony and the second one here in California who took care of the clothes, makeup, hair and everything else.

„Actually, since I'm in town, I might as well go look for a suit. Care to help me out?" Joe said, smiling at his brothers.

„Hell yeah." Kevin nodded.

„So that means dress shopping?" Priyanka squealed excited.

„I guess so." Ann chuckled.

______
„So I made her dinner already, it's in the fridge, you can just put it in a pot and warm it up a bit. Also, please don't give her anything with nuts, I noticed that she had a rash last time I gave her them, so might be an allergy." Ann said to Joe while rushing around the house. „You can play her some Cocomelon on YouTube, but not too long, half an hour is enough. Also watch her when she plays with the dolls your mom gave her, I noticed that she takes the shoes off and puts them in her mouth. Oh, and-„

„Ann." Joe chuckled.

She looked up at him and sighed. „I'm sorry. I know you're going to be fine. It's just... It's really my first time leaving somewhere without her." She rubbed her neck nervously.

„We'll be okay." Joe said walking up to her. „Go. Have fun. You deserve it."

She smiled and kissed him. „I know I do."

He pulled apart and pretended to put a medal through her head. „This is for being The Mother of The Year."

She chuckled and pretended to put one on Joe. „And this is for The Biggest Dick in Jonas Family."

„Oh, thank you." He put a hand on his chest, pretending to be moved. „That means a lot. I want to thank everyone, but especially my mom and dad. Great job, you guys." He pretended to wave at the audience behind Ann.

Ann pushed her head back and laughed. „You're so stupid."

He placed his hands on her waist and moved her closer to him as they kissed, still laughing.

„Now go, seriously."

„Okay." She sighed. „Call me with anything. A picture from time to time would be nice too."

„Ann, you'll be gone for only a couple of hours."

„I know, but I already miss her." She pouted her lip. „Okay, I need one more goodbye."

She ran to the living room where Willa was drawing and picked her up. She immediately wrapped her arms around her neck and Ann caressed her little curls.

„I'll be back soon, sweetheart." She said, kissing her head and placing her back on the floor. Willa giggled and waved at her. Anna laughed and waved her back. „Okay." She sighed, going to the door that Joe was already holding open for her.

He leaned against them as Ann looked at Willa behind him. „Go or I'll have to kick your ass out."

„Okay, okay. I'm going." She sighed. „Love you."

„Love you. Have fun." He kissed her goodbye and locked the doors.

Ann walked to her car, looking behind her at the house a couple times, thinking that maybe leaving her alone with Joe wasn't a good idea. But she pushed those thoughts away quickly. He was her dad, he knew what he was doing. And he was trying, so she should appreciate it and give him a free hand. To show her that he can do that. That he can be a father to Willa.