Chapter 8

A few hours have passed and Ann spent them under her covers in bed, not wanting to talk with anyone. Sophie tried a couple of times to bring her something to eat, but food was the last thing on her mind.

It was around 6 pm, when her phone started to ring. It was Joe, but just as he did, she declined all his calls. She knew he had just woken up, probably been told by the brothers what he said and now is trying to fix it. He was so drunk that he probably doesn't remember anything. But Ann remembered every single word. And it didn't matter to her if he was drunk or not. Those were his words, coming from his mouth.

"Sweetheart?" Sophie knocked lightly on her doors. "Joe keeps calling me on Face Time. What do I do?"

"Decline." Ann frowned, pulling the covers over her head.

"Honey, you should talk with him."

"I've heard enough, mom. Please, leave it." She sighed.

"Okay, whatever you want, baby." She smiled weakly and left the bedroom.

Kevin:
Please, answer him, he's freaking out

Ann:
I really don't need that right now

Kevin:
He doesn't remember anything from yesterday!

Ann:
Well, I do 🙂

Kevin:
Please let him explain himself

Ann:
Nah, Kev. Heard enough. Tell him to stop calling my mom

*incoming call: Mark*

"Hey." Ann sighed as she picked up.

"Hey. Did you see..." He started a little uncertain if he should say it.

"Yeah, I did, Mark. The whole world did."

"Ann, I'm really sorry..."

"It's not your fault. That's my fucked up life."

"And Joe?" Ann just sighed, leaving him on silent. "Fuck..."

"Yeah." She scoffed.

"So he believes it?"

"Yeah. He got fucking wasted and said a little too much..."

"You okay?" He said concerned.

"Yeah, screw him. If he's believing the media instead of me, then that speaks for itself."

"You wanna talk about it or...?"

"There's nothing really to say. He called me an 'ex fiancée' and told me that Willa is the only good thing in this relationship." She said with closed eyes, trying to push the tears away.

"How could he say that..." Mark said shocked.

"He keeps calling me and my mom now and Kevin texted me that he doesn't remember anything. But I don't care. I've heard what I've heard."

"Ann..." Mark sighed. "I know we don't know each other that long, but I've already gotten to know you enough to know this and please don't be mad, but... You deserve better."

Ann just sighed, burying her face in her knees.

"I'm sorry, but that's just how I fell. You're an incredible woman and he should treat you like a fucking princess."

"But he does, Mark! He really is a good person and an amazing dad..."

"But then he gets wasted and says stuff like that to you. What does that say about him?"

"I know." Ann sighed.

"I did the same as you. After I found out Rachel cheated on me, I started to explain her to people, saying that it was a mistake, she didn't mean it, she was drunk, he forced her and all that stuff. But it was all false. And I kept on telling everyone and especially myself that, to make her not look like a villain. Cause I loved her. I still love her."