Chapter 5

The next three months of tour were more than Ann could imagine. She and Willa had the best time. It was also the first time Willa saw her dad perform, which was really emotional for all of them. She was grateful to have Priyanka and Danielle there as well for morale support and Malti for Willa to play with.

They traveled around Europe, exploring and touring in every country they were in. They took a massive amount of photos and Ann couldn't wait to get back home and print them all out and put the memories into an album.

As for Ann and Joe, the trip was really healing for them. Having Joe around all the time was what Ann wanted from the start. Willa even did her first steps while on his watch, which was really emotional.

But the tour came to an end and the every day life problems came back. They had two weeks of break after the Europe leg of tour, but after that they had another month of touring around Australia and New Zealand. Then the tour would be finally over and they will have another month until the wedding to get everything settled.

A week of break had already passed and Ann tried not to think about it. She tried to enjoy the time they had as much as they could. They went on multiple trips with Nick and Pri and Ann even went on a couple dates with Joe. It was good having him around.

„I'm going to hit the gym with Nick." Joe said, turning on his headphones. „Wanna join?"

„Nah, I'm good." She smiled at him. „Just remember we have dinner at Nick's later on."

„Yeah, I know. I'll be done in an hour." He smiled, walking up to her and kissing her on the cheek.

Ann watched him go downstairs to their basement gym. She sighed and went into the kitchen to grab herself something to snack on. It was still a couple of hours to the dinner and Ann felt hungry already. She decided to make herself a smoothie, trying to keep up with Joe's healthy lifestyle.

She peeled a banana and threw the peel in the trash. As she did, she noticed the trash can was so full that it could explode any minute, so she decided to take it out while she's at it.

She grabbed it, feeling that it was really heavy. She quickly rushed outside hoping the trash bag will hold it. But it didn't. Right in the middle of the driveway it ripped and all the trash fell out.

„Fantastic." Ann sighed, pushing her head back.

She crouched down and started to pick some of the trash, gagging at the smell.

„Need some help?"

She jumped up, hearing an unfamiliar voice. It was a tall man with glasses. He was dressed in grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt. He looked amused at what he had seen.

„I'm sorry. I was just walking here to introduce myself. I just moved in right next to you." He pointed on his house.

„Oh!" Ann raised her eyebrows. „Nice to meet you." She extended her hand, but quickly took it back seeing it had some yogurt on it. „Sorry." She chuckled.

„It's fine." He laughed. „Nice to meet you too. I'm Mark."

„Ann." She smiled at him. „So... about that trash."

„I'm going to get a shovel." He smiled and went back to his house.

After a while with the help of Mark they managed to get the driveway cleaned up.

„Thank you so much for the help." Ann smiled.

„No problem. You're lucky I was near." He laughed.

„Please, come in for a coffee. It's the least I could do as a thank you."