Chapter 14

"Yeah, we just landed." Ann said to Pri through the phone as she strolled down the airport with her suitcase.

"How's Delphine?"

"Oh, she was so good. Slept throughout the whole flight. Willa, come here!" Ann screamed after her daughter as she ran up to give her mom a hand.

"That's... unlike her." Pri scoffed.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Ann laughed. "Okay, gotta go, we need to find our driver. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, be safe!" She said as she hang up.

"I think I see him." Joe said as he carried Delphine in one hand and a suitcase in the other.

Ann looked in the direction where Joe was looking and saw a man in a suit standing by a SUV. They walked in his direction and he smiled at them, letting them know they thought correctly.

"Mrs. Jonas. Mr. Jonas. Pleasure to meet you." He said as he nodded his head.

"Please, just Ann and Joe." Ann smiled at him, making him smile back.

They placed Willa and Delphine in their car seats and drove to their destination.

Joe bought them a new penthouse in New York. They wanted to settle for New Jersey, mostly for Ann's mom, but one month before moving she decided she's going to stay in LA. It was a shock to everyone, but they accepted it.

Deep inside Ann wanted nothing more but to stay in that house too. But she knew she had to go. She had to support Joe and keep their family together.

"That's us." Joe said, looking outside of the window.

Ann looked as well seeing a large glass apartment complex that looked like most buildings in New York. Ann immediately felt sick, just imagining that she had to now live with hundreds other people in one building. So much noise, so much rush. That's why she hated this city.

Ann took Delphine and Joe took Willa as their driver took care of their luggage. It was just stuff for the next couple of the days, the rest would be flown to them later that week. It felt like moving, even though Joe kept telling her it was only temporary.

Joe opened the door to their penthouse and Willa immediately jumped on the big sofa in the middle of the big living room.

"It's nice, isn't it?" Joe said as he took off his cap.

"Yeah, cute." Ann smiled as she looked around.

"Mommy, look at the view!" Willa said, running up to the glass windows that took over the whole walls.

"Amazing, right?" Ann said as she stood beside her. "We can almost see a whole city from here."

"Is that a pool?" Willa gasped.

"Yeah." Joe chuckled, opening the glass sliding doors that led to a large terrace.

There was a chill area with outside furniture and a place for a barbecue and on the other side there was a pool with sun beds next to it.

"I love it!" Willa clapped her hands as she hugged Joe's legs. "Thanks, daddy."

Joe smiled at her as he brushed her little curls. "Wait till you see your room." He said wiggling his eyebrows.

She immediately ran upstairs, making them both laugh. Joe walked up to Ann and wrapped his arms around her waist as he smiled down at her.

"I love you, you know?"

"Of course I know, silly." She chuckled.

"Come here." He whispered as he put a finger on her chin, placing a soft kiss on her lips.