Chapter 7

Pri:
Would love to, but Malti is killing me today. Won't stop crying 😩

Ann:
Aww, she misses Nick already 🥹

Pri:
That's what I'm telling myself 😅
But you should go!

Ann:
I really need to get out of the house tonight 😅

She texted Mark that she'll be by herself and started to get Willa ready for bed. She gave her a bath, put on a new diaper and pyjamas and read her a book until she fell asleep. She kissed her forehead and left the room.

"You sure you don't want to go?" She said to her mom, while putting on her shoes.

"Oh no, you go have some fun. I'll keep an eye on Willa."

"Thanks mom." She said, giving her a hug. "You're the best."

"Just be careful." She said, raising her eyebrows.

"Jesus, don't start again." Ann rolled her eyes. "I can have guy friends too."

"I know, baby. I love Mark, he's such a sweetheart, but you know Joe is my forever favorite."

"Okay, bye." She laughed and shook her head, while leaving her house.

She didn't want to overdress so she just put on some jeans and a white t-shirt. She put her black leather jacket on top even though she will take it off ten seconds later. But an outfit is an outfit.

She knocked three times on Mark's doors and waited for him to answer, while admiring his beautiful front yard. It was full of flowers and bushes, making the whole space really warm and welcoming.

She knocked again, not getting any response. She frowned, looking through the windows, but she saw the light was on. She took out her phone, meaning to call Mark, but suddenly the doors swung open and Mark appeared with a black smoke behind him.

"Oh my god!" Ann gasped.

"I hope you like your steak really well done." He laughed, brushing his neck nervously.

"Are you okay?" Ann said worried, looking inside the house.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." He sighed. "I left the stove on while I was showering and well... Here we are." He laughed. "I feel so stupid."

"Don't." Ann laughed. "Happens to the best of us. I'm just happy you're okay."

"Yeah, but I ruined the only food I had in my house."

"Well... I'm sure I can make us something..." Ann frowned, wondering if she really did have anything to make dinner with in her fridge.

"You know what? Why don't we just go somewhere?" Mark smiled.

"I mean... Sure." Ann shrugged and smiled.

"Okay, let me just get my car keys and a jacket." He said, while turning around and rushing upstairs.

Ann walked inside to his hallway and scanned the walls that were filled with family photos of his kids. She saw that there were no photos including his ex wife, some even looked like she was cut out. Fair enough, considering how she treated him.

"Your place is really nice." She smiled at Mark, seeing him walk down the stairs.

"Yeah." He scoffed. "Still trying to make it a home. For now it's just a house."

"You'll get there, I'm sure."

"Yeah." He smiled. "Shall we go?"

"Sure." She smiled back as they left his house.