four ; english class

Late was an understatement. Viola had no idea where her English AP class was, she wished she asked Janis or Damian to show her way instead of allowing them to go talk with her sister. She was happy that they were both making friends and finding each their own groups and personalities.

As minutes passed, she realized she was 10 minutes late already, but at least she found her English class, Ms. F Hinley, she hoped she wouldn't get in trouble for being late.

"Hi, sorry I'm late, I was lost, I'm Viola Heron." The girl explains after knocking the door and caughting attention from everyone in the class. She looks around looking for a seat when her eyes caught Regina looking at her curiously biting the top of her pink pompom pen. As if the time stopped Viola looks at Regina without being able to break her gaze.

"Miss Heron, right on time, we were about to start on our first essay. I will allow you to stay in class because it will be graded and it's the first day. However, next time you won't come in." Ms Hinley interupts Viola's moment observing the queen bee "Adding onto that, you will serve detention after school. You can sit with Miss George, it's the only seat available."

Fuck. That was what Viola tought, there was no way scaping that, what if Damian and Janis were right and Regina made your life hell during the class you were so eager for. Some giggles and smirks scape some of the guys' mouths about your detention and Regina just look at them annoyed rolling her eyes.

"Hi. Sorry, there isn't any other seat left. I'm Viola Heron" Viola tries to be polite.

"Are you Cady's sister? From Africa." Regina asks and Viola nods and as a response of that Regina hums. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Ms. Hinley explained the essay, easy, Viola tought, that was untill it was annouced they would have to work with partners, the ones they were seating with.

"So... How are we doing this?" Viola asks the blonde girl about the essay on the poem they needed to analyze.

"You do untill half and I'll finish. I'm better ending stuff." Regina says taking a look at her phone.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done;

The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won;

The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,

While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:

But O heart! heart! heart!

O the bleeding drops of red,

Where on the deck my Captain lies,

Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;

Rise up — for you the flag is flung — for you the bugle trills;

For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths — for you the shores a-crowding;

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;

Here Captain! dear father!

This arm beneath your head;

It is some dream that on the deck,

You’ve fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;

The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
From fearful trip, the victor ship, comes in with object won; 20
Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
But I, with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Cptain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

- "Oh Captain! My Captain!" by Walt Whitman

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

"Have you heard of this poem before? I find this poem captivating, since I saw 'the Dead Poets Society' I fell in love with the poem" Viola says trying to make talk while she writes.

"It's a metaphor about at who was, at that time, president. You know... Abraham Lincoln." Regina answers without paying attention, but what for her was just not liking the silence, for Viola was something else, from what she heard, she tought Regina was a bimbo, but now she realizes maybe she isn't, maybe she isn't what people say of her "What?! Why are you looking at me weirdo."

"Sorry. I'll continue writing."

"Just don't write about the contrast between the sadness for the captain's death and the joy on the victory. I'll do it." Regina says.

As soon as Viola finishes writing she gives the paper so Regina can write her part. The silence was now, comfortable, something Viola wouldn't imagine if someone said she's partnering with queen bee Regina. She watches as the other girl takes her pen and starts writing, her letter was pretty, it looked delicate and worked on at the same time it exhalated a not much effort on making it look perfect. Regina's hands were definetely something she shouldn't be looking at and finding them adorable.

"You weirdo. Stop staring. Are you like in love with me or something?"

"I'm just making sure you write everything right." Viola tells the blonde the first thing that comes to her mind, and as soon as those words come out of her mouth, she regrets.

"Just because I'm blonde, rich, pretty, hot, popular and every other positive adjective in the world, you think I'm dumb?!" Regina faces Viola with a, what seemed, upset face who was quickly masked with anger and says the words lowering her voice and it was as if they were venom coming out of her mouth.

"I will ruin your life." Regina says slamming the table and standing up

"Detention you two, Viola, it's the first English class and you're already with two detentions. I expected better than that." Those words hurtes, she didn't know why. Why was she getting so emotional over her teacher saying.

Her mind was full, she didn't know why she said that do Regina, and why she was so affected by the teacher expecting better from you.

"Whatever" Regina says walking out of the classroom without saying a word to the teacher.

As the minutes passed, Viola kept staring at their paper, she couldn't finish it alone, she knew she had the potential to make a really good text, but why was her mind not working, why was it filled with worry for Regina. She lowered her head in her arms waiting for the bell to go off, and as soon as it did, she waited for everyone to leave so she could talk with her teacher.

"Sorry for today Ms. Hinley, it will not happen again. As the essay wasn't finished I didn't want to finish without Regina, can we do it later on detention?" Viola asks the English teacher lying about the reason on why she didn't finish it

"Yes, you may. And it is okay, it's your first day after all. You're not used to it"

"Thank you very much Ms., I appreciate it."