five ; detention

When all of her classes were over, Viola went to the detention classroom, meeting Ms Hinley inside, she greeted her and got her and Regina's paper and sat on the same seat she was during the lesson. She waited and waited, Viola needed to talk with Regina and that was probably the only chance she would have to do so without being watched by everyone.

She enjoyed the silent moment to send a message to her sister telling about what happened.

Cads🤓

V🎀: got detention, can't come home rn, tell mom xx

Minutes passed and she checked her clock, it was some minutes past the time detention started. All her hopes were crushed by that. Regina wasn't coming.

Reading and re-reading their paper, Viola realized, Regina's analyses was perfect, the details and perspective were different from what she would've written. But they were nonetheless, amazing, she would never have tought of that.

With her mind with some toughts, someone walks in smirking at the teacher.

"You're late" Ms Henley says looking to the blonde girl over her glasses

"I was busy" Regina says giving a huge wooden whale to the older woman monitoring their detention and goes to sit on the last desk they had, which was a bit far for them to talk.

Thinking for a moment, Viola gets her things and changes her seat, now sitting in the desk in front of her and turning her chair around so she could face Regina. All desks were paired so they would have a partner, but Viola decides on instead, giving a bit of space for Regina.

"What are you doing here? Want to get intoxicated with my dumbness or whatever is the word. I'm a blondie, I get chemicals on my hair and therefore I'm stupid" Regina says sourly when she realizes Viola siting there near her

"Regina, I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking. I heard stuff about you, and I tought it was true and I apologize for not thinking for myself and jumping into conclusions instead of actually getting to know you. Just because you're pretty, hot and popular it doesn't mean you aren't intelligent. What you wrote here... I could never analyse it that way, you are so inteligent and I'm sorry for assuming otherwise." Viola blabbers not sure what she should say and with that Regina smiles a bit

"You are... okay I guess." Viola laughs silently so the teacher wouldn't hear them "But never. Never again. Underestimate me."

Viola was now more carefree, she wasn't so worried, and Regina was enjoyig her time that was supposed to be miserable with the shorter girl that was on her front. Working on their essay while quiet laughs were shared and ideas were discussed.

"You're kinda cute, who do you hang out with? Maybe you can join the plastics" Regina wonders making Viola blush with the compliment

"I was with Janis and Damian during lunch, no Cady as she was with you" Viola explains smiling softly to the blonde girl

"The art freaks. Y'know Janis is a pyro-les, really weird if you ask me. You shouldn't hang out with them."

"That's mean Regina. They are my friends."

"Well. I'm just saying. Karen and Gretchen would like hanging out with you."

"What about Regina George? Do you think she would too?"

"Nah, she would destroy you" Viola laughs with Regina's talk "She would too. Don't worry"

"Maybe next week? Untill then, we could keep being partners in English" Regina nods.

Regina was confused, why would someone reject on hanging out with she and her group? Every other girl would have accepted the invite in a blink. Maybe it was because Viola was from the wilderness and didn't know how stuff worked here.

"And... it's finished!" Regina says closing her pen and giving the paper to Viola, but not before adding a pink bow making the before simple title into a cute and delicate one.

"That bow is really cute"

It was now, time to go home, Viola's mom was probably working at this time and she didn't want to disrupt her, she knew how important the work was for her mom. Viola then decided on walking home, it wasn't that hot so she wouldn't suffer much with the temperature.

"Is someone picking you up?" Regina asks in her car that was stopped in front of you.

"I'm walking home, mum is working and me and Cady don't have a permit or a liscence yet"

"Then, get in loser, I'm not asking again" Regina says loking over her sun glasses and smirking.

Viola enters the car and sits on the passager's seat, something she could never do with Cady being faster than her, but it was okay, now she could enjoy it with a friend.

Regina touches the little screen in her car making her playlist start, a melody started playing, this was really good, Viola thought.

"Who's this music from?"

"It's Phoebe Bridgers" Regina answers paying attention on the road "You're the first one I allow to sit on my passager's seat".

"Sorry, I didn't know, I can move to the back if you want" Viola answers worrying over what if Regina didn't actually wanted her to be sitting there.

"It's okay, you can sit here whenever you want. I like it." With that Regina placed a hand on Viola's thigh making her go bright red, why Regina made her feel that way? Not knowing what to do she just froze there. And with a quick glace to her side, Regina smirked when she saw Viola's blushing cheeks.

Viola would have never imagined that coming to the states would bring a friend that was as good as her in English. A friend that she enjoyed and cherished every moment and waited eagerly for the next laugh. A friend that made her feels different things. A good type of different.

"Thank you for driving me. See you tomorrow in English Regina!" Viola told her new friend coming inside her house and saying her goodbyes.