sixteen ; stargazing

Underneath the oak tree in a secluded park, Viola and Regina were preparing a picnic for themselves. They had planned the date days in advance, and now they already had their food and blanket to sit on top of.

They had fresh fruits, grapes, strawberries, blueberries and oranges that were already cut. With some pastries and salty snacks, their picnic was full and complete.

Viola had her hair up in a ponytail and Regina had her blonde long hair curled, both girls were so excited to have their picnic and see the sun setting away.

"You look adorable." Regina says

"Y'know... The sun makes you glow. You're beautifull." Viola replied

"This reminds me of when I was a kid... I used to always come to the park with my friends and play." Regina says remembering the good times

"Why did you stop coming to the park?" Viola asks

"I grew up I guess... It's fun to hang out with Karen and Gretchen. They're like my best friends, but things changed and we're not the same kids we once were."

"You must really like them, and from what I see they also really like you babe, you can always ask them to hang out with you like you used to." Viola suggests

"I know they like me, but sometimes I'm such an asshole to them and I just feel guilty after, it's like this whole image I have to mantain. But I really like them, they are incredible, Karen can be a little clueless, but she is the sweetest person you'll met and Gretchen... She is so loyal to her friends. I wish we could just go back in time and be kids again." Regina says smiling weakly "But no more of that sad shit, tell me about your childhood"

"I grew up with Cady being my best friend, mum was always with us supporting us and she loved her career, it was a little hard to fit in and I grew up reading poems and books, my favorite toy when I was little was a stuffed doll." Viola tells smiling with the memories

"If I could I would spend all of my days with you" Regina whispers "I think little me would've been little you's best friend"

"I think so too." Viola smiles "Can I kiss you?" she whispers

"Please do" Regina whispers back leaning in

Their kiss was calm and passionate, they were enjoying the moment and each other's lips. Regina had a minty cherry lipgloss on and Viola loved it. They enjoyed every moment of it.

The girls were talking about what they wanted to do in the future, things that happened times ago while snacking on the food they had brought with them. Regina had her head on Viola's lap, and Viola was sitting against the oak tree touching Regina's hair camly. Laughs were shared and each of them were starting to realize that maybe they loved the other one. Viola was okay with it. But Regina on the other hand, was terrified.

As the sun was setting on the horizon, making the sky start looking orange and pink, it was calm, warm and comfortable.

"We should do this again another time" Viola says and Regina just hums

They watched the sun setting in silence just enjoying their presences. The silence was comfortable.

"Can we watch the start Vi?" Regina asks

"Of course. We just need to wait to get a little darker." Viola whispers

As the night got darker and darker, they weren't worried, the park wasn't empty, a lot of couples were laying on the grass observing the sky. It was a beautifull night to stargaze.

As it got darker, it got easier to spot the constelations, as they were trying to discover what figures the stars made they shared laughs on their hypothesis.

"Look!" Regina points to a shooting star "Make a wish!" she whispers to Viola

"I wish that you'll always be on my side"

"I would never leave you" Regina smiles to Viola

Tomorrow was going to be the day she planned to ask Regina to oficially be her girlfriend. Viola was excited and couldn't wait for it.