Hopeless - 04

"Hey guys," I grinned as I sat at our usual table in the courtyard.

It was by far a great day, seeming that I woke up great this morning. Mom made our favorite pancakes with banana topped with whip cream and chocolate drizzle. Even she had a great morning, Dylan giggling the whole breakfast as he made a mess with the chocolate syrup.

Everyone seemed to be having a great start, considering that it was a Monday. Lacy is wearing a full face make up and a hot pink lipstick— she always wore pink when she's feeling happy. Jenny and Grey were giggling amongst themselves like two birds chirping in the morning, and Anne had a bright smile on her face when I came over, considering that she always grimaces every time I show up. Thompson is holding his lucky basketball— the one Stephen Curry signed when Thompson met him two years ago— while Parker is wearing his favorite shirt, a maroon v-neck that he claimed shows his 'muscles'.

"Why is everyone so happy?" I asked randomly, raising my eyebrow with curiosity as I grinned at all of them.

"I finally chose to go to Harvard for college," Anne exclaimed, clutching Parker for support. He blushing as she hugged him.

"And I am finally the official heir for my parent's company," Parker explained with a big grin on his face. "My parents let me sign the papers Friday night."

Lacy clapped as everyone congratulated Park and Anne for being one step closer to reach their dreams. "My sister surprised me this weekend," she squealed in happiness.

"Grey finally asked me to prom," Jenny giggled, kissing Grey on the cheek, who rubbed the back of his neck.

"And practice was the best!" Thompson exclaimed, shaking my shoulders. "That team outing idea? Genius! We are totally going to championships!"

"Hey," Anne butted in, a confused expression on her face as she looked at me as she looked at everybody. "Where's Acacia?"

I shrugged my shoulders in reply. "I thought she was already here. She wasn't at her locker today."

"Wait, has any of you guys actually talked to Acacia this weekend?" Lacy asked with a concerned look.

"No," I shook my head. "Thompson and I hosted a team bonding over the weekend," I explained.

"Me neither," Anne agreed. "My brother came over the weekend and we celebrated because I got into Harvard."

"My family and I had an outing, too, because my sister arrived," Lacy explained. "I saw her in English today, she looked a little... off?"

I furrowed my brows at her. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know," Lacy shrugged as she drank her juice. "She wasn't paying attention during class, I guess? She was zoning out the whole time."

"But Acacia's not like that," Anne defended with furrowed brows.

"Exactly my point," Lacy nodded in agreement. She turned to face me. "When was the last time you guys talked?"

"When I picked up my siblings Friday night," I answered. "But she looked okay that time, she even baked cookies."

"She's not picking up her phone," Anne informed, her phone still pressed to her ear. "What happened?"