Hopeless - 25

Finn left the day after, explaining that he had to spend time with his family before he leaves for college. Acacia dropped him off the airport, probably to spend more time with him, too.

I still felt a little too awkward to be with Acacia and Finn. Finn was a good guy, I know, I just couldn't wrap it around my head. I still wished that Acacia was mine rather than someone else's. It was clear that she was the one that got away.

In three days we were all scheduled to leave to go back to college. It made me feel sad that I have to part ways with Acacia again, seeming that we still weren't in speaking terms as I'd hope. It didn't mean we tried. It was just when we were placed together, we'd end up looking at each other, force a smile, then look away look for someone else to talk to.

We knew how it affected our friends, and they refrained from talking about how we acted when we were still in high school. It was different, we all know that, so we can't really bring up the past or drama might happen.

Unfortunately, it seemed that it hasn't bothered our parents as my dad decided to invite the Pierson's to our restaurant. I haven't been in the restaurant for almost six months, yet I saw how many improvements the restaurant has been through. For instance, there was now an outside balcony, and the restaurant is getting more popular as there were now reservations rather than walk-ins. Though, it still had a luxurious feel to it.

"After we were bumped up to a five star restaurant, your mom and I thought to make it more fancy and renovated the restaurant," my dad said when I asked him why the restaurant changed.

"Do you like it?" My mom asked, where my siblings and I nodded in response.

Our family went up the flight of stairs, all the way to the top of the restaurant and sat next to the big glass windows, where you could see the balcony. There were a few small dining tables outside, with a small bar on the side. There was also benches near the rail, so people were having their private conversations there as they watched the night sky.

My dad picked the finest wine and ordered his signature dishes and placed it in the middle of the table. The restaurant was known for its steak and seafood, so it was expected to see filet mignon and lobsters to be ordered.

We all stood up as the Pierson's came to view. Henry was wearing black trousers and a crisp red shirt, Shona wearing a matching red dress that was off the shoulders, making her look classy in her black heels. Austen came in tow, wearing a white shirt button-down shirt with black pants. His hair was slicked back, just like Dawson's. He immediately went after Dawson, leaving behind his younger sister and their nanny. Though, Acacia was not in tow.

After we exchanged greetings, I immediately spoke up. "Where's Acacia?" I asked Shona after I complimented her baby bump, which made her feel delighted.

"She's chatting up with someone, she should be coming in a few," she answered before she sat down. "She's been so busy lately, you know? We always try to talk to her, but she always has something to do."

A few seconds later, Acacia did come, wearing a short, burgundy wrap dress and black heels. Her hair was down in curls and she carried a black purse. Immediately, everyone's heads, almost everyone in the room, watched her walk towards the table. She was like a goddess, capturing everyone's attention as she walked into the room.

Coming towards our table, she greeted everyone with an enthusiastic smile. "How's everyone?" She asked before sitting herself down next to me, seeming as it's the only chair left. Everyone gave back an enthusiastic answer. She gasped as she saw the wine in the middle of the table. "Am I allowed to have one?"

"Of course," my dad chuckled as Acacia grinned. She must love her wine so much.

"Daniel," Henry addressed me, which caught my attention, "what course are you taking up right now?"