Hopeless - 17

I didn't get to talk to Acacia until Lacy threw a party for our group only. Since we were all going to college, Lacy remembered to throw a party for us at her house as we all are going to our separate ways. We played the music on full blast, danced around the couch in the living room and went out to the patio to continue our party. Music, alcohol, and pictures floated around us as we played around. Grey and Neil, as usual, were handling the barbecue. The girls set up the dessert and took pictures, the others set up the pool and the patio, inflating pool items and such.

"Hey," I nudged Acacia by the elbow. She turned to give me a grin.

"Hey, Dan," she greeted back.

The last time I saw Acacia was at prom, and I couldn't help the big grin on my face as I looked at her. Now that Heather was out of the way, there was nobody stopping me from hanging out with my best friends, especially Acacia.

"Where'd you go?" I asked.

"When?"

"After prom. I didn't see you."

"Oh, I left. I was getting tired."

She didn't say anything after that and left to help the girls in the kitchen. I frowned, wanting to ask who she was with after, knowing that the guy I saw was definitely not from our school. He was tall and fit, his hair styles up and had a decent looking suit on, Acacia's type of guy. Everyone from school was on the dance floor, it was unusual that Acacia left so early, especially with someone else.

"Are we skinny dipping again?" Thompson asked with a goofy grin on his face. "Last time was kinda fun."

"You just want to see the girls naked again," Grey rolled his eyes as he flipped a burger patty.

"I'm down," Candy smirked, her cut out bikini showing her curves nicely. "I never done that before."

"Really," Thompson smirked back, leaning against the table that separated them and crossed his arms. "I can't believe the Candy Nelson haven't experienced skinny dipping when she's been with multiple guys."

"And who said I've been with multiple guys?" She challenged back with a grin, putting her hands to her hips as she stared back at Thompson. "Clearly, you don't know anything about me. I drop boys as fast as I drop a hot potato. Nobody can handle me."

"I bet you I can handle being your boyfriend."

"Are you asking me out, Gale?" She squinted her eyes at him mischievously. "Because if you are, I have to decline. I like guys who give effort, not trying to be suave."

"Hey, lovebirds, stop flirting. We need help!" Anne rolled her eyes at them as she brought the bowl of fruit salad.

"Here, I'll help you," Parker offered, giving her a smile before grabbing the bowl from her hands. I watched as Anne smiled shyly and pulled back a strand of hair before going back inside the house.

I wonder what happened during prom night, as they both were suddenly shy and smitten. They kept stealing looks and smile at each other. Neil and Lacy, as well, as they never seem to take their eyes off each other. Thompson and Candy seem to be constantly flirting with each other, which was very unexpected for the both of them as both are very different from each other. Grey and Jenny, on the other hand, were a different story, as they seem to be a little loose. They weren't as physical, but rather they are just enjoying each others company. Xavier and his girlfriend, Natasha, were decent enough where they weren't sucking each others face off. They weren't like the regular couple Jenny and Grey were, but rather more calm and collected. They seem to be enjoying themselves, with Xavier's hands placed protectively around Natasha's hips.