Chapter 3

Y|n's P.O.V.

When I woke up I realised that I was alone. Jamie left. I sat up and reached for my phone on the nightstand. I grabbed it and saw a note from Jamie:

Hi, beautiful,

I had to take care of a few things. Call me when you wake up. I love you!

I called him:

-Hey, babe! Where are you?

-I'm at the mall right now, baby.

-Oh...What are you doing there?

-As I said, I had to do something and then I stopped here to buy something. I don't know when I'll be back but Ellie will come to take care of you soon enough.

-But why? I can take care of myself!

He sighed.

-I know you can, baby. But you're sick and I don't want you to be alone.

-Ok...When are you coming back?

-In a few hours. I promise I won't be long.

-What are you doing there?

He laughed.

-I'm looking for some books for school. I have to go now, beautiful...I love you!

-I love you too!

He ended the call and I sighed. One minute later the door opened revealing Ellie with a smile on her face. She looked at me and her smile faded. 

-Hey...What happened? Where's Jamie?

-He's at the mall. He told me that he's gonna be back in a few hours.

She nodded.

-Alright...So? What do you wanna do?

I shrugged.

-How about we watch something on Netflix?

-Ok...

Jamie's P.O.V

I just got into the car when Ellie called me:

-Jamie!

-What happened?

She didn't say anything.

-Ellie what is it? Are you ok?

-Y|n...

-What happened to her?

-She's burning up from the fever...She's unconscious!

-I'm coming!

I ended the call and rushed back to Rosewood. 

I can't belive this! I spoke to her 2 hours ago. She was fine!

I finally reached to Rosewood. I found Ellie trying to wake Y|n up. I ran to them and picked Y|n up.

-Come on, we're going to the hospital!

We rushed outside and Ellie opened the back door. I layed Y|n down on the backseat and Ellie got in, putting Y|n's head in her lap. I got in the driver's seat and we headed to the hospital.

The ride took 20 minutes. When we got there Ellie ran inside and asked for a stretcher. I layed Y|n down on the stretcher and the doctors got her inside. I wasn't allowed inside and Ellie was holding my arm in an attempt to calm me down. We sat down and waited for news.

After 2 hours a nurse came over to us. I asked her:

-How is she?

-Alright for now. The doctor wants to run some tests to make sure about something. Is she of legal age?

-No. She's 17.

-Then we'll need her parents's signature for the tests.

I sighed and run my hand trough my hair.

-Her parents are not longer with us...

She nodded.

-I'm her boyfriend. Can I sign for her?

-Are you an adult?

-Yes, I'm 19.

-Ok...We'll need to ask her if she agrees for you to sign.

I nodded and she said:

-You can see her now. Follow me.

Right then Ellie's phone ringed.

-It's my mum. You can go. I'll be there in 10 minutes.

I nodded and left with the nurse.

When I entered in her room, the sight of her little body laying on the hospital bed made me suffer. I couldn't bear seeing her like that. I sighed and told myself that I need to stay strong for her.

When she saw me her face lit up. I smiled.

-Hi, baby...

-Hi...

She opened her arms smiling. I chuckled and went to hug her. I kissed her forehead and sat on the chair next to her bed.

-How are you?

She shrugged.

-Fine...My throat hurts.

I sighed and cupped her cheek with my hand, stroking her cheek with my thumb. She leaned into my touch smiling.

-They said they need to run some tests to make sure about something. I told them I can sign for you because you're not an adult but we need you consent.

-Yeah, of course. When they come I'll tell them it's ok.

I nodded and kissed her.

After a few hours, it was time for Y|n to sleep. I got up to leave but she grabbed my hand.

-Don't go...

I sighed.

-Baby, I can't stay here...When you want to go to sleep facetime me, yeah?

She smiled softly and nodded. She kissed me and I left.