Chapter 14

Y|n's P.O.V.

I opened my eyes and looked at the watch on my nightstand. It was...MIDNIGHT? I could've sworn that I was asleep for just 10 minutes!

-Oh, no...JAMIE!

I quickly picked up my phone and called him but he didn't answer. I sent him a text explaining why I didn't call him until now.

I figured I wouldn't be able to sleep for the rest of the night so I turned on the TV and watched Elite.

Just as I finished the last season, Jamie called me:

-Hey...

-Hey, baby, listen! You need to get out of the school, now!

-What?! Why?!

-Baby, I don't have time to explain right now. But you have to go! Be careful when you are out and don't trust anyone else than Saskia, ok?!

-Saskia? But she wasn't with you?

-She left a few hours ago so she should be there by now. Try your best to stay hidden and save your battery.

Right then I heard something like a...Gunshot?!

-Jamie, what was that?!

-I have to go now, beautiful. I promise we'll see each other soon. I love you!

-I love you too!

He ended the call and I grabbed my backpack. I stuffed inside the things that I needed: a few change of clothes, money, water, my AirPods, a charger, my tablet and our documents.

I put the phone in my pocket and unlocked the door, getting out of the room. I made it to the gate but of course there were guards so I had to find another way out. 

I saw Saskia behind a tree. I walked over to her and whispered:

-Hey.

-Oh, hey! I was coming to get you. Did you speak with Jamie?

-Yeah...What's going on?

-I'll tell you but first we really need to get out of here. Come on.

She walked over to the fence and pushed a few plants away revealing a small hole. It was big enough for the both of us to get on the other side.

Once we were on the other side, she took my hand and dragged me to her car. I got in the passsanger's seat while she got behind the wheel and started the car.

-So...Are you going to tell me what happened?

She sighed and nodded.

-There was an attack during one of the meetings so we had to run. We don't know who did it but Jamie thinks that it could be someone that's trying to get revenge for what happened a few years ago in Anastasia's family.

I nodded and she continued:

-When Anastasia's mum became queen, she choose her older brother to help her rule. But he was jealous of her. He wanted to be the king...So when the queen was advised by the council to make an alliance with England she aproved without consulting her brother. When he found out, he attempted to kill her but the queen was saved and he was exiled from the country.

I took in her words but there was something that I couldn't understand:

-If he was the older brother why didn't he become king?

-Anastasia's mum was always good and kind with every one. Even the servants. But her brother was the opposite. He was mean and rude with every one. Even their parents. He thought that everything belongs to him because he was the next in line. But their parents choosed her to be the next ruler.

-Oh...Yeah, that makes sense.

She chuckled and nodded.

-So...Are we going to Jamie?

-Umm...No. Not yet. Anastasia and Ellie are with him. We need to find something like a hotel and stay there until the things calm down.

-Ok...

She smiled at me and I smiled back before turning away to watch the road.