Chapter 9

Y|n's P.O.V:

Jamie just told me that he wants me to meet his ex girlfriend! I was shocked. I just sat on the bed for hours, not realising that it was night. The door opened and Jamie entered.

-Let's go, baby.

He took my hand and I sat up from the bed.

-Where are we going?

He smiled and we got out of the room.

-So now you're talking, huh?

I blushed and he smirked.

After 10 minutes of waking, he said:

-We're here.

I hesitated for a second and said:

-Why do you want me to meet her?

He sighed and stopped, taking both my hands in his.

-I just want you to know that my relationship with her it's in the past. We're just friends now. And she can talk with you about things that I don't know much about. Girls things.

I looked at him confused but he just smiled and kissed me. We started walking again and after taking a turn, I saw a girl.

Her back was facing us so I couldn't see her face. When she turned around, I saw her face in the moonlight. It was...

-Saskia?

She smiled and nodded. I looked at Jamie and he said:

-I'll see you later.

He kissed my forehead and smiled to both of us before leaving. Saskia said:

-I know that you must have so many questions right now and I promise to ansewer all of them. But first, you need to know what happened between me and Jamie.

I nodded and we sat down on a bench. She said:

-We met at the partisan school. We were in the same class. We were friends but cared about each other very much. When Jamie finished his practice and had to go back to Maradova, I sufferd because if he was leaving, I was going to be alone. Again.

-Again?

-Yeah...Jamie was my first friend. The rest of the students from our school already had their own groups in which I couldn't fit. And so, 2 days before he had to leave, we did it. It was more like a reassurance that we won't forget about each other.

I nodded and said:

-So now you're just friends, right?

-Yes, absolutely!

I smiled and hugged her.

-I'm so glad you're my friend!

-Me too.

She smiled and we talked for about two hours until I had to leave. We said good night and left.

I quietly entered in our room and saw Jamie in bed working on his tablet. He smiled when he saw me.

-Hey, beautiful. How did it go?

-Great! Everything is clear now.

He smiled.

-I'm glad.

He turned his attention back to the tablet and I knew he was busy with work so I entered the bathroom.

I took a shower and changed into pajamas before laying down. I put my head in his lap. He kissed my hand before going back to texting.

-What are you doing?

-Me and Ellie are going on a trip next week so I'm setting the things up.

-You and Ellie? Just the two of you?

His face suddenly changed. He put the tablet down and put his arms around me.

-I forgot to tell you, baby...It's something about maintaining the political relationships between Maradova and England. Ellie and Anastasia are the representatives of both countries so Saskia and me are going as their partisans...

-So that means I'm going to be alone?

-Baby, I'm so sorry...It's just for 2 weeks. I promise I'll be back in no time, yeah?

I felt my eyes watering as I started to cry.

-Shh, it's ok, baby...Hey, Y|n, look at me.

I looked at him and he smiled.

-We still have this whole week together, baby. We can do what ever you want after school. And in the weekend we can go to the park and play. You love that!

I nodded and burried my face in his chest, trying to calm down. He kept talking to me, telling me about things that he wants us to do when he comes back. He was rubbing my back and I slowly falled asleep.