⏳Once A Sailor, Always A Sailor⏳

Yunho lived his youth as a sailor. Well, at least his dad was a sailor. He was just brought on all of his father's trips. He'd leave Ulsan just to return a week or two later. It made him angry that he had to constantly leave Mingi behind but he couldn't disobey his father's orders.
    "My father is taking me out to sea again. I don't know when I'll be back" Yunho said, holding Mingi's hands "You'll be back though, right?" Mingi says, looking at Yunho a little disappointed. "I...I don't know. But no matter where I am, I promise I'll always find my way back to you" He says, hugging Mingi tight before leaving to get on the boat. Mingi sat there on the dock of Ulsan, watching his best friend leave.
    "Father, why must we go out again" Yunho asks as he tightens a rope on the boat. "You know that this is what i'm required to do. We're just taking some trading goods to Yeosu for some local merchants." His dad says, walking off. Yunho sighed and went back to his work.
About 2 days later they were sailing in a rocky area a little ways away from the shore of Busan. Yunho's father, being the reckless sailor he was, wasn't paying attention to the rocks as he should have and their ship scraped against them. The boat had a huge hole in it and water was running in quick. The boat shook as the rocks made contact to the bottom of it. Yunho ran to look for his dad but he was nowhere to be seen. He had abandoned them or was preparing to drown with the rest of the crew. Soon enough the boat had sunk and Yunho was left holding onto nothing but a plank in the water. He looked around frantically, hoping to see someone...but no one was there. Within a few days he had washed up on a beach in Busan and he was unconscious. Hongjoong was walking along the beach when he found the unconscious body. He quickly ran home and told his mom. They both came back and his mom picked Yunho up, bring him back to their house. Hongjoong was about 12 at this time and Yunho was 11.
After they found him, the Kim family raised Yunho as their own. He eventually started calling Hongjoong's parents Mom and dad. He also started treating Hongjoong and Bumjoong as his brothers.
One day Yunho was playing pirates with Hongjoong when he suddenly remembered Mingi, his best friend back in Ulsan. He frowned and brought the wooden sword down. "What's wrong YuYu?" Hongjoong asked, setting his sword down and walking over to him. "I just...I just remembered someone I left back at home. I miss him..." Yunho said, rubbing his arm. Hongjoong came over and hugged him, not really knowing how else to comfort him. Yunho hugged him back.
Eventually they sat down and Hongjoong started asking Yunho some questions. "So...What was he like?" He asked "He was amazing...the nicest boy you could ever meet.." "You miss him a lot dont you?" "Yea...we did everything together...he even told me he wanted to marry me one day so I could never get rid of him" Yunho said, laughing a little. Hongjoong smiled softly "What about we go get him when we start our pirate crew. What role do you think he'd play?" "Well...he was always really good at making things and his dad is a carpenter so he'd probably do something with making or building stuff." "What about you? What do you think you'd do?" "Uh..I don't know. Back when I was on the ship I didn't really have any designated role...I kinda just followed my dad around and did whatever he told me." "Hmm, well you're gonna be my first mate then. You'll do what I tell you and be the first one I turn to when I need help" Hong said with a little giggle. Yunho smiled softly "I'd like that, Joongie" He said, rubbing Hongjoong's arms gently.

[Sorry that this chapter is so short. We ran out of ideas and it's just a backstory anyways]

[@-LuLuArts- INSISTED that I add this photo]