CHAPTER THREE || Hello, Thing.

TRINITY'S POV:

I OPENED MY EYES, Being familiar with where I am, yet unaware of how I got here. I look over to my side to see my sister Wednesday and Xavier staring at me.

"Welcome back." Xavier says with a smile.

I sit up in the uncomfortable bed rather fast as Xavier sat back down in his chair, "Just... take it easy."

"The nurse said you don't have a concussion." Wednesday tells me.

"But you probably have a nasty bump, huh?" Xavier asks.

I ignore both of them, "The last thing i remember was walking outside feeling a mixture of joy and accomplishment. I haven't really felt that way before."

"Yeah, well defeating Bianca has that effect on people, I think." Xavier says.

"And then I looked up and saw that gargoyle coming down and I thought, at least I'll have an imaginative death. Then you tackled me out of the way. Why?"

He clicks his tongue, "Call it instinct."

"Well... thank you." I say, smiling at him.

"So you were guided by latent chivalry, the tool of patriarchy, to extract my sister's gratitude?" Wednesday asks.

"Mm-hmm. Most people say thank you. Like your sister over there." He says sarcastically.

"Well what if she didn't want to be rescued."

"So i should've just... let that thing smash her to mush?"

"Well maybe she was going to save herself."

"Why are you trying to make decisions for me? He did something nice, just drop it Weds." I say, annoyed.

Xavier scoffs, "Good to see you haven't changed." Directing his comment at Wednesday. "If it makes you feel any better, lets just say I returned the favor." This made me confused. What had I done to save him? "Xavier Thorpe? You probably don't remember me. Last time we met I was about two feet shorter, forty pounds heavier."

"What happened?" I question.

"Puberty I guess." He says.

"I meant what happened the last time we met." I say smiling and rolling my eyes.

"Oh... uh, yeah, it... it was my godmother's funeral. Apparently she was friends with your grandmother, and they spent there twenties together in Europe, swindling the rich and notorious. I dunno. But we were ten, and we were bored, decided to play hide and seek. I had the inspired idea to hide in her casket. I got stuck as it was headed to the crematorium."