CHAPTER FIVE || Quality Over Quantity.

TRINITY'S POV:

"HOW COULD YOU MISS a dead body." I say.

"'Cause it wasn't there. No footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle. Nothing, nada." Sheriff Galpin states. Lies, I know what I saw. "My search party looked all night."

"Well your search party must've left their seeing-eye dogs at home. I know what I saw. I saw that monster kill Rowan right in front of us." Wednesday says.

"Did you get a good look at this monster thing?" Sheriff Galpin asks.

"No. It didn't exactly stick around for a chat, and quite frankly neither did we."

"Maybe it was one of your classmates?"

"Sheriff, I find that question offensive." Weems speaks up.

"Well I don't care 'cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue. Hikers just ripped apart in the woods."

"The mayor said those were bear attacks." Weems says.

"Yeah, well the mayor and I disagree on that."

"So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed?"

"I'm sorry. I forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right?" Sheriff Galpin spits, causing Weems to sigh.

As we walk into Weems' office, she voices her opinion on the matter, "My guess is Rowan ran away. State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family, but they haven't heard from him either."

"Well I mean dead people are notoriously bad at returning calls." I say with a tight lipped smile.

"What were you two doing out in the woods with him?" Sheriff asks.

"We heard a noise and we went to go investigate. That's when we stumbled on the attack." Wednesday says.

"Then what happened?"

"Then we ran into Bianca Barclay and asked her to go get help. Next thing I remember I was awaking in my dorm."

"And just to be clear, this monster wasn't a bear or some other wild animal?"

"I've hibernated with grizzlies. I know the difference." I say, rolling my eyes.

Then Weems abruptly stands up from her desk, "Thank you, Sheriff. I think that both Addams are finished now."