CHAPTER SIX || Killer Instinct.

TRINITY'S POV:

WEDNESDAY, THING AND I are currently searching the library to find a book Wednesday had seen in her visions.

"I keep seeing the same purple book." Wednesday announces as thing pulls one out of the shelf. "The cover was darker. More like a day-old contusion. Keep looking."

I was searching a bookshelf farther away, until I heard footsteps behind me, on the stairs causing me to spin around and see Ms. Thornhill.

"I don't usually find students in here looking for actual books." Ms. Thornhill chuckles. "Most sneak in to make out."

"I accidently walked in on two vampires fanging." I say, shuddering. "I cannot unsee that."

"Is there something I can help you two find?"

Wednesday contemplates the offer for a moment before showing her a piece of paper. "Have you seen this before?" She asks, the paper is of a watermark she found on the corner of the drawing Rowan showed us. "It's a watermark from a book I'm looking for."

"I think it's the symbol to an old student society, um... The Nightshades." Thornhill smiles.

"Like the deadly flower. Color me intrigued."

"I was told they disbanded years ago."

"Any idea why?" I ask.

Ms. Thornhill only shakes her head no. "Sorry."

Wednesday stares at her again before turning on her heels and sticking the paper back in her bag. 

"I was very impressed with your guys' answers in class today." Thornhill says.

"Our mother is a carnivorous plant aficionado. I assume we get our red thumb from her." I state.

"Are you and your mother close."

"...Like two inmates sentenced to life on the same cell block." Wednesday says.

"I know it can't be easy... showing up mid-semester. I've been here for a year and a half, and I still feel like an outsider." Thornhill says, walking around my sister and I and sitting in the chair next to me.

"Because you're the only normie on the staff?" I question, but notice her hesitance to respond. "Enid told me." I tell her, offering her a small smile to lighten the mood.