CHAPTER EIGHT || Can You Believe it?

TRINITY'S POV:

THEY KEPT US IN the 'dark' for a few minutes and all I could hear was shuffling and the occasional whisper from one of the people in the room with us. The bag that rested over my head was harshly ripped away, my eyes getting slightly blinded by the bright light shining at me as I look at the people in front of me with an unamused look. They lousily tied a rope around my arms, but not my legs.

Amateurs.

I work to get my hands free when all of a sudden I hear an annoying voice say, "Who dares breach our inner sanctum?"

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." Wednesday tells her causing a sigh to leave her lips as she pulls the hood down from her gown, the rest following shortly.

Bianca turns off the projector that was shining the light in my eyes as I scan over the group of people in the room with me. I see Yoko to whom I smile at, and then my eyes rest on Xavier who waves at me sheepishly. Kidnapping the girl you just asked out is a great way to keep her interested.

"Wait... I preferred you with it on." I say with a smirk as Bianca rolls her eyes.

I hear someone chuckle and my eyes meet with Xavier's once more as he is trying to hide the growing smirk on his face.

"How'd you get down here?" He asks.

"Rowan showed me." Wednesday replies as her eyes travel down to the pocket of her jacket then back up. "Left pocket."

Xavier walks over to her and grabs the picture of the two of us out of her jacket, inspecting it as if it were a murder weapon.

"We tracked the watermark to the Poe statue." I explain.

"Then we solved the riddles." Wednesday adds.

"Wait, there's a riddle?" Kent chimes, confused. "I thought we just snapped twice."

This comment made everyone roll their eyes and sigh at his stupidity.

"Well aren't you just the brightest in the bunch?" Wednesday says earning a look from Kent.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club. Emphasis on elite." Bianca says, starring me down.

"We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny-dip." Yoko smirks.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist." Divinia says, winking at Yoko.

"She makes a killer mojito. It can get pretty wild." Ajax says.

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bed time?" I ask, sarcasm lacing my voice as I finally free myself from the rope holding my arms together. "Last I heard the Nightshades had been disbanded."

"Yeah the group kinda lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." Xavier replies.

"But we have a lot wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes waves." Yoko tells me.

"Someone like Rowan?" Wednesday asks.

"We booted that loser last semester." Bianca states. "Question is... What are we gonna do with them? Only members are allowed in this library."

Everyone begins sharing glances with each other whilst Bianca just smirks at me to which I return sarcastically. I see Xavier looks down at me from my peripheral vision, making me look up and make eye contact with him for the third time.

"I say we invite them to the pledge. They are a legacy." He says, pointing to the picture of our mother and father.

"After the crap they pulled in the Poe Cup, there's no way in hell. We talk about not making waves? She's- They are tsunamis." Bianca says, furrowing her brows.

Someone's jellyyyyy.

"Just because we beat you at your own game? Let me save you the trouble. We aren't interested in joining." Wednesday says, while I looked at her confused.

"Your seriously turning us down?" One of them asks.

"Can you believe it?" Wednesday remarks.

Bianca looks pissed as people look around at each other once more. "Untie them."

It was Wednesday and I's turn to look at each other as we stand up in sync, showing our ropes.

"We freed ourselves five minutes ago." I say.

Wednesday grabs the paper out of Xavier's hand rather harshly causing me to give him an apologetic smile. We walk over towards the doorway but Kent stands in the way.

"Do you want a matching black eye?" I say as both Wednesday and I push our ropes into his chest.

He moved out of the way with a bit of hesitance. We make our way up the stairs until Wednesday stops and stares back down at them.

"It's amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name."

we went back to our room where I fell into a unusual peaceful slumber.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Sooo since my Netflix is gone for like a week or sum I parcially did this chapter n ill update it when my Netflix isnt tweaking (sorry its so short its all I did b4 my netflix died.)

she speaks!

word count: 808