CHAPTER SEVEN || Dark, Vengeful Spirit.

TRINITY'S POV:

WEDNESDAY AND I WALKED pass Bianca as we make our way over to Enid.

"We are all set." Enid tells us.

"Good, Thing is in position." Wednesday says.

"Wanna tell me what you three were up to all night?"

"And ruin the surprise? Never." I tease.

"Oh, speaking of surprises, your costume's are in the tent." Enid says with a large smile.

"Costume?" Wednesday asks as I am already walking towards the big tent that had our supposed outfits in it.

The costumes were black body suits with black ears and a little face paint. I allowed Yoko to draw on a nose and whiskers whereas Wednesday refused to do such.

We walk out of the tent and towards Enid, I had a smile on my face while Wednesday had her normal blank stare.

"OMG, you look purr-fect!" Enid exclaims, bringing her arms up to the sides of her face like cat claws. "Only thing, where are your whiskers?" She asks Wednesday.

"Ask again and you'll be down to eight lives." She responds causing me to giggle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We situate ourselves on our well decorated boat, Enid in the front, Wednesday behind her, me behind Wednesday and some random girl I don't know the name of behind me. Enid was staring at Ajax with a stupid grin on her face.

"Focus." Wednesday had to remind her.

I couldn't say much because I was staring at Xavier myself. I had to admit, he looked quite cute with the joker face paint on. He looks back at me and we exchange smiles.

"What do we have here?" I heard Bianca sneer from behind me. "The runt of the litter."

"Funny." I say with a sarcastic smile. "Oh and for the record, I don't think I'm better than everyone else. Just that I'm better than you."

That comment seemed to change Bianca's demeanor as she looked ahead of her. I look back at Xavier to see him smirking and giving me a thumbs up.

"I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allen Poe Cup." Weems announces from her podium. "This is one of Nevermore's proudest annual traditions dating back 125 years. Each team must row across to Raven Island, pull a flag from Crackstone's Cript, and hustle back without sinking or being sunk. First team to cross the finish with their flag wins the Poe Cup and bragging rights for the year, as well as some special privileges... And with that, let the Poe Cup begin!" Weems shoots her gun in the air signaling for us to begin rowing.