prologue: The Encounter

In the hospital, a person was lying on the bed with many bandages covering his face, and the beeping sound is a Medical monitor beside him.

he was unconscious and suffered, it's been 2 days in the hospital lying on his bed...

...

my fellow Readers, I think we all know where this is going so let's just skip to the end.

*pull the plug*

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-
.
.
.
.
.
It was dark, silent, and lonely. Skyler still remembered the incident vividly; he had forgotten to turn off the stove, and it exploded when he switched on the light, igniting a fire that spread rapidly throughout his House. To his dismay, there was no fire extinguisher in sight; he had forgotten to buy one.

Panic seized him as he realized he was trapped in his living room, surrounded by flames and smoke. With no way out, he resigned himself to his fate and blacked out, his head likely struck by debris in the chaos.

When he came to, he found himself in a dark and silent place. As he began to regain consciousness, he felt strange sensations coursing through his body. It was as if he were lying on a bed of rocks, although he couldn't quite discern his surroundings.

After a prolonged period of awkward silence, Skyler slowly opened his eyes, blinking against a flashing light. Gradually, his vision cleared, revealing a sky unlike any he had ever seen. It resembled the vast expanse of space, yet air currents and clouds swirled around him. Planets and stars dotted the horizon, creating a breathtaking spectacle.

Summoning his strength, Skyler managed to stand up, though his legs wobbled beneath him. Taking in his surroundings, he noticed the ruined structures and vehicles scattered around him, indicating that he was in the midst of a city ravaged by some catastrophe.

Feeling disoriented and unsure of what had transpired, Skyler stumbled upon a broken mirror in the distance. As he approached, he caught sight of his reflection: his face was obscured by bandages, and he was clad in a blue hospital gown. The sight only added to his confusion.

Attempting to remove the bandages proved painful, so he left them in place and continued his exploration. With each step, he called out for any sign of life, but his cries echoed into the void, met only by the howling wind.

Eventually, he gave up hope of finding anyone and began to walk aimlessly through the desolate streets. The biting cold gnawed at him, and hunger gnawed at his stomach, but he pressed on.

As he walked down the empty street, with no people around, only a ruined city, he felt the cold seeping into his bones, hoping to find winter clothes strewn about. Until, at last, he stumbled upon a jackpot: an abandoned clothing shop. Peering through the broken window, he spotted a mannequin adorned in WW2 German attire. Deciding to seize the opportunity, he entered the shop and donned the garments. Now clad in his newfound attire, he felt a sense of warmth and comfort envelop him.

Moments later as he walking, he spotting a collapsed bridge ahead, Skyler knew he had no choice but to traverse it. As he carefully made his way across the icy river below, a sudden slip sent him tumbling to the ground.

"I GIVE UP..." he sighed, sitting on the snow. It was cold. The snow intensified. He was tired.

The icy chill of the Dead Zone was digging into his bones, sucking out the last remnants of my energy.

This was it. He had no friends. Everyone he knew was in fact dead. He was too tired to go on, too mentally and physically exhausted to move on his own.

"I really wish... that I had a friend," he muttered tiredly to the snowstorm.