4

"Another party? You barely survived the last, A

"Another party? You barely survived the last, A."

"Yeah, yeah, tell me something I don't know. But," Aurora lifted her finger into the air, preparing a rationale that likely made little sense, "Hot kooks. Beer, and.... coke."

"Oh my gosh," I laughed, shoving her shoulder and that caused her to laugh as well.

"Come on, what's not to be excited about? Plus," she looked at me, dramatically, "Hot pogues."

If only she knew about JJ...

"Yeah, well I'm not exactly in the search department, right now." This caused her to pause her stride, a fleeting screech of her sneaker against the dirt road.

"What. Khalia mae, are you hiding something?" She turned in my direction, grabbing hold of my shoulders and smiling widely.

"God, you're gonna split your cheeks if you keep smiling like that, freak." I teased snipping her nose, but she ignored it and stood still.

"Fine, Fine. I am seeing... someone." I broke, raising my hands and forcing her to let go of my shoulders.

"Well?" She continued, and I took a moment to really appreciate Aurora, who ignored the separation between Kooks and Pogues. No matter what, we were always going to somewhat be those girls back at summer camp.

"He's nice. I mean, really nice and funny."

"Oh my gosh..."

"What?" I questioned, scared she had already begun to figure it out and by the way she was looking at me, she definitely did.

"It's John B. I knew it! No way, you'd be able to resist that hunk. Did you guys do it on his boat?"

"Aurora, oh my gosh. No, what?" I scrambled, desperately regretting my confession that happened not 3 minutes ago.

"Oh... Oh! It's a Kook then." She put a finger to her cheek, and her eyes grew a brighter green in a flurry of ideas.

"It's Rafe! No wonder, you guys always act like you hate each other and that's why. I bet the sex is so—"

I clamped my hand over her mouth, "Me? And Rafe? That's an actual joke, A. You couldn't pay me any money in the world, plus he's not a Kook."

Like a child, her determination grew and she removed my hand from her face. "Why won't you just tell me, Khali? I promise, it'll be our secret." Her pinky waved in front of me, but I continued on walking again.

"Let's get drunk, I can't be sober when I tell you."

"That's 3 for 3, Top! Gotta start workin' a little harder, if you wanna beat me." We passed a couple of the richer Kooks on the way to the center of the Boneyard.

"It's wild out here tonight, as always," Aurora grabbed my attention, as she strutted towards the ice chest.

"Yeah." I said, but my voice came out distant because that honestly wasn't what was on my mind right now.