7

"Whats this all about?" I gestured towards the forbidden open door, and I couldn't remember a day where any of the pogues had seen the damn thing open

"Uh," John B suddenly looked uncomfortable and the thought of the pogues hiding something from me, especially John B, hurt me. I crossed my arms, leaning against the open door of what looked like JB's father's office, facing John B who stood on the outside of the door.

"It looks like someone broke the entire room..."

It seemed I struck a chord because he looked down before flipping his head back up to meet my gaze again.

I took a moment to really soak in the house and realized just how bad it had gotten since I last saw it. Bottled were broken or scattered everywhere, JB's surfboard was thrown onto the couch, drawers were whipped open still, and some of the walls had marks in them.

"Did you have a damn party, JB?"

"Close, not quite, some—" his phone cut him off short, and he quickly pulled it to his ear to answer.
After a few minutes, I figured it was JJ and John B kept saying short sentences in a way to shorten the call.

"Fine, yeah, I'll ask. I got your back, bro," he hung up, looking at me and I simply nodded in defeat, grabbing my phone off the table of the kitchen and walking out, as John B followed behind.

"Nice, uh, shorts," I looked back and narrowed my eyes, continuing to walk forward to the Twinkie.

"Thanks, JB. Really needed that to get me through the day," He walked up quickly to catch up to my stride, hooking his arm jokingly around my shoulder and leading me to the passenger seat of the van.

"M'lady," he opened the door, allowing me to sit inside and I watched as he made a trip across the van back to the driver's side.

"Music." I said simply, pushing a button and ejecting the CD already in there. John B passed another CD my way and I happily took it to push it in, letting the sound of music travel through the van.

The soft smell of sunscreen and warm summer air filled my nose, as I let the window roll down. "This is amazing... where are we heading, Johnny boy?"

"My lady, we are traveling to the most exquisite place of all Kildare! Where many feast, watch Tv and smoke blunts all at once," he feigned an accent of older times that made me chuckle in my seat, "the drive-in."

"Wow, cannot wait." I said simply, letting my sarcasm show through my expression and taking the time to check my phone.

"Yeah, it'll be good," John B reassured, pulling on the tie of his blue bandana wrapped around his neck to loosen its hold a bit.

The drive was pretty damn short and I found myself wishing it would last for just a little while longer.

"Shit," John B muttered, making me look in his direction to see his phone in his hand.

"What is it?"

"Social workers at the Chateau... gotta bounce, K."

I nodded, letting myself out of the car and watching as he made a screeching halt into a U-turn, leaving a  cloud of dust in the air.