Chapter 11: Nest

I have no idea if you guys noticed or not, but the first letter of every chapter's name spells ISHAN KISHAN. 

Should I continue with SHUBMAN GILL or do you guys have any other ideas for chapter names?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shubman had a golden retriever for a bodyguard - as evident by the way he was bouncing up and down, impatient for Shubman to catch up.

"Let's go let's go let's go, c'mon Shubi what's taking you so long?"

"Perfection takes time, you know?"

"I know that, I looked in the mirror this morning."

Shubman simply rolled his eyes, but decided to try something.

"Wo toh hai. Kahi dekhi hai aisi sundarta?"

Not waiting for a response, he simply got into the car, mentally applauding his efforts, but not before he saw Ishan's mouth form a perfect O.

Smirking, he took his seat, and looked at Ishan, who was still in the same position.

Gleefully, Shubman suggested, "Muh toh band karo uncle," at which, Ishan stuck his tongue out, and got in the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they reached their destination, Ishan was first out the door, holding the car door open for Shubi and when Shubi still would not hurry up, took his hand and led him inside.

Inside, was the bodyguard's academy - their headquarters, gun range, etc. When Shubman had asked if he could visit after listening to hilarious stories of what the gang got up to, Ishan had volunteered to show him around before anyone else. He had been super excited, following Shubman around like a puppy - talking to him about all the things he would see, the people he would meet - so much so that even Shubman was intrigued.

They first met Rohit and Virat, who were happy to meet Shubi, but Ishan would not let them stay long. He led Shubman to the arms room and the gun range, where he spent the next hour just explaining every weapon, while Shubi listened, enraptured. Ishan wanted Shubman to try every weapon, and Shubman humored him for a bit, but when he brought out a broadsword, Shubman had to put an end to it.

"Ishu, it's bigger than you are."

"So are you, but I bet I can take you down right now."

I would love if you took me down baby, supplied Shubman's mind, which he tamped down instantly, lest it show on his face.

When Shubman refused, Ishan pouted, but let it go. He quipped up, a second later.

"Want to see my room?"

"What? You live here?"

Flustered, Ishan fumbled for words.

"I mean...where else would I go?"

Shubman instantly felt bad for what he said. He crossed the distance, and placed a hand on Ishan's shoulder.

"Ishan, I am sorry - that was massively insensitive. I just thought you guys lived off campus, not in your headquarters."

"Yea, I mean, it's fun - it's like bunking with your friends."

"Sounds amazing. I'd be honored to see your room. Lead the way."

Sheepishly, Ishan admitted, "I mean, it's not fancy like yours or anything, but I like it. It's mine. And no saying anything about the mess, got it?"

In response, Shubman simply zipped his lips.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they reached a secluded corner of the campus, the voices got quieter, and Shubman was transported to that day at the party, when Shikhar had explained how every agent needed that quiet after an episode. He walked behind Ishan, who was explained who lived where, pointing out everyone's rooms.

"So, how does this work? Do you have a roommate? What happens when someone gets married?"

"Some people have roommates. I've been here...longer, so I have my own space. People who get married tend to live somewhere else, but it's not a rule, totally their choice."

I would totally love to live here, Shubman mused, but instantly hid that thought deep into his mind, only to be taken out when he was alone.

When Ishan opened a door, Shubman fully expected to be hit by a barrage of mess; instead, he was surprised to see Ishan's room so sparsely decorated. There was a comfy looking sofa, a bed filled with pillows, and a study table, but other than that, there were only a few knickknacks arranged around the room. Shubman instantly zeroed in on the table, where a few books lay scattered around. He was surprised to see so many of Shubman's favorite books lying around. He turned around, holding one of the books.

"You read the books I suggest?"

"Ofcourse, I want to know why you like the stuff you do."

Shubman really, really wanted to jump into Ishan's arms, but only herculean strength made him control himself. His eyes next fell onto the dressing table, where, among Ishan's pearly necklaces and fridge magnets, lay a collage of photos. Shubman walked to take a closer look.

He saw a mini Ishan in various stages of life - from an unruly kid to a fashionista teen to his casual fashion of today. He had photos with most of his team, and, Shubman was surprised to see a photo of himself as well.

"You, uh, you have my photo on your wall?"

Shubman could see Ishan trying to come up with millions of excuses, when he eventually just looked at Shubman, as if tired of hiding.

"Well, you are special to me."

Shubman was surprised - he knew Ishan had warmed up to him, but other times, it was difficult to get a handle on what Ishan was feeling. To confess something like that, Shubman could have only dreamt it up. To ensure that wasn't the case, he went up to Ishan, and hugged the life out of him. Ishan's arms automatically wound up around Shubman, and Shubman decided, it was now or never. He backed a little, and summoned some strength for what he was about to do. He was still standing close to Ishan, so he whispered,

"Ishan, I....Ishan....Would you—"

Just then, the door banged open, and Surya Bhai barged in.

"Ishu, you're back? And Shubi is here? Oh My God! We have to have a party, now!"