Not an Update

Its obvious that in the past few weeks, me and a lot of writers are facing blocks due to the smear campaign against Ishan. I had hoped to start my other story, but it is stuck because the situation hits too close to home. I've been on social media, watching interviews and opinions, even from the who's who of cricket and it's atrocious how everyone is piling up on a 25 year old kid. Where were these people when he was constantly benhced, used as a waterbody and boogeyman for new players to perform? Where were they when he scored but was dropped to make way for Bollywood quota and Jamai quota. I am sorry, I know everyone works hard, but I am a little angry at Shubman for not supporting Ishan a little more. Rohit, too, for that matter. What was Ishan supposed to do, lug around, keep a fake smile plastered on his face? He was captain of U19, you think he's there to warm your benches?

It hurts, and it hurts more seeing no more of Shubman/Ishan. I know Shubman is probably supporting Ishan in private, but I am finding it difficult to take inspiration from real life to incorporate into my stories, because the reality hurts too much. So I have decided, that while I will continue finishing my stories, for me, Shubman and Ishan's love story was completed on those fields of the World Cup. Those memories will remain with us, immortal and precious, but that was it. Those were the Shubman and Ishan I will cling on to, not whatever farce is currently going on.

That being said, I will continue supporting Ishan, our brightest star - may you continue to shine.