Chapter 14

Amaya's POV

I fell asleep with a heavy mind and heart. I hadn't talked to anyone about what happened expect Celine cause she saved me and everything.

I wake up grudgingly and went to the bathroom, a few memories pop back up and I scrub myself really hard I spend an hour in the bathroom usually I only spend 15 minutes and now I'm late for work great!.

I change quickly and run down stairs and I bump into something really hard at the end of the hallway.

"Hey are you uhh okay"Liam asks, I stare confused why wasn't he being his usual mean self today.

" I'm fine thank you uhh sorry if you don't mind I have to go " I say running out the front door and the gates. I hail a cab and I'm off to my office.

I take the elevator to the 4th floor which was where my office with Celine was.

As I entered in saw Celine giggling into her phone, oh it must be that guy.

I take a seat and she runs to me hugging me very tight
" I missed you so much" she shouts "but you saw me yesterday" I argue.

"Well you kinda left early, I mean where were you by the way." She asks looking at me weirdly. "Uhh i-i-i just had a meeting and left early that's all don't worry, any way I have to get to work "I say trying my best not to look nervous.

" sure" she says eyeing me suspiciously. The project at Mannington starts today. I said a short prayer so I wouldn't bump into Henry nor Liam I was not in the mood to face either of them.

But if I had to choose who I'd prefer to see it'll be Liam, a thousand times Liam.

I leave the office in a staff bus along with four other colleges one of them being my boss . Janet, Felix, Kian.

We get to Mannington in about 30 minutes, we step out and go into the building. There we are greeted by the receptionist who took us to the CEO's office.

We enter inside and Liam makes eye contact with me I try my best to avoid meeting his gaze by looking down but unfortunately he calls me out for it.

"I'm sorry my eyes are up here and not on the ground the last time I checked" he said looking directly at me , everyone turns to me as Janet who is beside me knudges me and I look up finally meeting his gaze.

There is something different about his stare today u don't see any hatred more of like a I'm willing to tolerate you look.

" now you may begin and the girl who was staring at the floor stay I have a few things to say to you. I look at my colleges, Janet gives me a thumbs up while Kian just glares at me disapprovinly. What was her problem?

Everybody leaves and it just Liam and I again why did he just like doing this to me, I had become really frustrating. "Do you have anything to say Liam"I ask bluntly.

" looks like someone still hasn't learnt to talk to her boss " he says a smirk evident on his lips. " well you're technically not my boss so-" I am cut of immediately by the entrance of someone, I look back to see who it is and my body stiffens .

But I prayed why is this happening, I'm stuck between the two people I don't want to see. "Oh Amaya you're here" he says grining at me mischievouly. I look down feeling uncomfortable as tears start to form in my eyes but I didn't let then get out.

" Mr. Black if that will be all then I'll just be on my way" I state as I turn to leave the room. "Not so fast " he says, stopping me in my tracks.

"Do you need anything sir" I say annoyed at his immaturity. "Yes uh Henry leave" he orders, Henry takes on more dirty look at me then leaves the office.