Chapter 19

Amaya's pov

I was still very mad at him for what he did earlier. I was selfish and possessive, he's taking this way too far for a fake marriage I mean.......

I should just get some sleep, I see Liam pacing the room back and forth in a tense way like he has something to say but can't say.

"Do you want to say something?" I ask , sitting up irritated by his pacing, "I'm sorry for doing that. I just felt the need to protect you" he says but i'm not giving into his excuses.

"I didn't ask for protection. Moreover he's my very good friend. We grew up together.

Did you have to throw in the husband bomb, and he's going to suspect something, because why would I have gotten married and not invited him.

And there's no way i could've been like 'i don't have your number anymore' that would be plain lying i still sent him a happy birthday text a week ago" i say it all in one breath.

he looks lost for words but i can tell he's trying to be sorry but i'm just confused.

"Okay i won't do it again and so what if he suspects what can he do i mean......" Liam says and i get angry at the fact that he's being nonchalant even after apologising.

"Okay he can't do anything for sure but it's not my fault if this gets out of hand" i motion my fingers back and forth to say you and i.

He turns around and leaves, I take my pillow and throw it on the floor. What happened to us starting afresh as friends, why won't he just cooperate and not think about himself and his huge ego.

I scroll through tiktok for an hour then I sleep off. I'm woken up by Liam who's trying to give me food and it's not porridge this time it's a whole mc donalds happy meal .

How did he know that I was obsessed with happy meals? I grabbed the bg away from him and opened it up. It had a note in it. I scrunch my eyebrows together in confusion.

But I still read it out of pure curiosity. It reads;

I'm sorry for being a jerk and ruining this friendship. I'll be better just give me time, I'm not used to the whole friendship thing.

Liam.

I look up at him with a smile and nod...i put the note on the bed and just as i'm about to accept the apology i look into the bag and realise its empty.

What! "You bastard" I screamed and hit his head. He gets up to run away, I chase him all around the room.

I reach out to grab his shirt and then I slip and fall on top of him. And now we're on the floor and he looks at me and his eyes move in a triangle movement.

He smells so good , I take a sharp breath and jump off him. "You're heavy," he says, smirking. "Really and you're....... Ugh".

"Your real food is on the way. I had to get you to read the note one way or the other" he says and comes closer to me. "Do you forgive me?" he asks in a small voice.

"Sure whatever, just move", I said while pushing him. I wanted to go see my dad.

I Make my way to the opposite mine and I'm about to open the door but then I hear mum talking to him about something.

"Dear we have to tell her she's already on to it, the DNA test was negative, although she may not bring it up now but eventually she'll ask for answers" mum says in a sad voice.

"Look i don't want her to feel like i gave her away because she's adopted" as those few words left my dads mouth i fung the door open.

"This has to be a joke, how could I have been adopted, what......" i shout amidst tears that are now profusely flowing down my cheeks.