Chapter 16

Liam's POV

I felt good knowing I defended and saved her from that bastard. The glimmer in her eyes as she thanked me made me feel proud of myself.

I really want to save her again, but I can't pray bad things happen to her so I'd be there to help.

Wait why do I care so much? 'You.. My friend are developing something normal people call a crush'. So you're saying I'm not normal.

'Is that the only thing you picked up'. Yes basically, but I don't have a crush on Amaya freaking maxwell. I mean why would I, I just helped her and thats all.

Plus we've agreed to leave in peace together so I wouldn't want a crush ruining that besides she probably hates me or something.

My thoughts are interrupted as Beatrice walks into my office angrily. "Why the hell did you do that" she shouts, wait who gave her the right to shout at ME!

"Why the hell are you raising your voice at me " I ask her staring at her coldly. She moves back a little before continuing her little tantrum.

"I don't care if you announced your marriage, we are still together" she screams  I get irritated quickly at the noise which leads to my anger.

I stand of from my desk and take long strides towards her as she moves back, her back hits the wall and I bring my face closer to hers. She smirks thinking that I'd kiss her.

"You.are.fired" I whisper into her ear. I feel her body stiffen as she let's out a small gasp. J move back to keep my distance and I walk back to my desk and take a seat.

She runs after me "Liam don't do this, you and I both know this marriage is a contract I know you have feelings for me. All that sex we had, all those events we've been to couldnt have just meant nothing to you. I mean-"I cut her off before she finishes her statement.

" leave." I deadpan she looks at me for a moment before letting out a huge Ugh and storming out of my office like a spoilt brat who didn't get her dads credit card.

Wait why did I just fire her?......... Oh yeah she shouted at me yeah that's why.

That's the stupid excuse you want to give to pacify yourself? Well...... It's not really an excuse it's the truth though

I decicide to put all these things aside as I called in my secretary Martha and told her to find me a new assistant.

During lunch I get a phone call, I take a glimpse at the caller ID and saw it was Amaya calling.

I answer it and I hear her sobbing voice through the phone. " Liam please I really need you here " that's all she says before the line gets cut off, what the hell was going on.

I sprint to the elevator, and I press the basement floor button.

It takes about 30 minutes to get there, my driver stands beside the Rolls Royce that's parked there, I hope into the car and give him the address of the hospital, what is she even doing in a hospital.

I get there in about 30 minutes . I run into the hospital and to the reception desk I ask for Amaya Maxwell and they direct me to an ER. Is she alright? was the only thought that came into my mind at that moment.

As I walk I into the ER lobby, I am faced a woman who I suppose is Amaya's mother in tears as the doctor tries to calm her down.

"Mrs. Maxwell, please may I know what's going on" I ask moving closer to her, she looks up at me and I see hurt, sadness and hope in her eyes.